FAO Justvisiting

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Just-visiting, I would say that sheffield is a true footballing city. Wouldn't you? The birth place of football. The oldest football club in the world (All be it a semi-pro club). The oldest football ground in the world. (Sandygate-Hallam f.c.). Real madrid and inter milan have sent teams over in the last few years to play against the oldest club in the world. The oldest derby in the world. Sheffield f.c. -v- hallam. Sheffield wednesday in the top 3 of oldest clubs. Plus even though I don't want to even mention there name. Our scummy neighbours from across the city are one of the founding members of the football league. Some of the members of sheffield f.c. include, leonart johansen ( uefa president) sven goran erikson, amongst many others. So if you want to thank anyone for the beautiful game you watch (may be not so beautiful at elland rd at moment) Then thank a true footballing city. Sheffield!!!

Barring the World Cup winning goalkeeper of England of course?

Ps you're fùcked....absolutely buggered, 17k, forward sold income, spiralling costs.

Keep smiling 6-0

You may want to keep an eye on developements at S6 very soon.

From what I've heard last night, and this was from an Owls fan and someone well connected at the WRCFA,  your last five home games, all in March, have failed to generate enough income to cover wages and other operating expenses.

The club needs investment urgently, looks like we're both knackered.

Edited by just visiting

Guest BirdonaMaguire

You may want to keep an eye on developements at S6 very soon.

From what I've heard last night, and this was from an Owls fan and someone well connected at the WRCFA, your last five home games, all in March, have failed to generate enough income to cover wages and other operating expenses.

I smell bullshit......

You may want to keep an eye on developements at S6 very soon.

From what I've heard last night, and this was from an Owls fan and someone well connected at the WRCFA,  your last five home games, all in March, have failed to generate enough income to cover wages and other operating expenses.

haha still here lecturing us about our finances with made up figures.

give it up.

I smell bullshit......

It might be, but he'd no reason to lie, I was speaking to him about LUFC's finances, he brought up SWFC.

You had five home games in March that had less than 5,000 average walk ups per game probably clearing £500k when it should of been a bumper month with a much higher income.

You've only three home games left this season and the debts are mounting up.

With little other income and a monthly wage bill alone of £1m, he's probably right.

Is our monthly wage bill a million quid then? Always thought we had one of the lower wage bills in the league, single figures anyway. Surprised its that high. What must other clubs be running at? Us and Leeds get higher crowds than most. Other clubs must be running at huge losses too cos there's no way we have got the highest wage bill. Ok, some have parachute payments etc but we are well within ffp limits even if we are running at a loss. Shame the ffp sanctions will be weak and toothless cos we could have taken advantage next season.

Our wage bill was 10m last season so it's probably gone up this year with all the loans. At least stayed the same.

I just think that despite losses it's not in Milan's interests to trigger a Leeds type scenario

Edited by Bluesteel

It might be, but he'd no reason to lie, I was speaking to him about LUFC's finances, he brought up SWFC.

You had five home games in March that had less than 5,000 average walk ups per game probably clearing £500k when it should of been a bumper month with a much higher income.

With little other income and a monthly wage bill alone of £1m, he's probably right.

Convient you post this when we talk about your finances. I don't believe 'your mate'

And nice subtle dig about me being a mod, what difference does that make?

lol

Convient you post this when we talk about your finances. I don't believe 'your mate'

And nice subtle dig about me being a mod, what difference does that make?

lol

Why do you keep making things up to suit your own arguments?

Where did i say he was "my mate"?, I said he was an Owls fan.

Which parts don't you believe?

Edited by just visiting

Why do you keep making things up to suit your own arguments?

Where did i say he was "my mate"?, I said he was an Owls fan.

Which parts don't you believe?

I don't believe any of what you put. And I find the timing of your post convienent. Because the problems at your club are being discussed. You always seem so keen to give your expert opinion on our finances, you did earlier in the season and look at your own club now. Throwingn stones and all that.

And I'm not the one making digs am I?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Two midweek games against sides that brought 400 each, of course income would be down HOWEVER we haven't forward sold our income so it's not quite panic stations, is cash flow tight? maybe.

Our average is around 3k down on last year and at our average cost per game (£11) that's 650k for the year. Our away average at Hillsborough is down 500 so effectively we've 'lost' 2,500 home fans per game.

I don't believe any of what you put. And I find the timing of your post convienent. Because the problems at your club are being discussed. You always seem so keen to give your expert opinion on our finances, you did earlier in the season and look at your own club now. Throwingn stones and all that.

And I'm not the one making digs am I?

Ok,

1) you can believe what you want,

2) my post was a relevant reply to BoaM's "Ps you're fùcked....absolutely buggered, 17k, forward sold income, spiralling costs." comment.

3) they are not my "expert opinions on your finances". It was what I was told by a SWFC fan.

Ok,

1) you can believe what you want,

2) my post was a relevant reply to BoaM's "Ps you're fùcked....absolutely buggered, 17k, forward sold income, spiralling costs." comment.

3) they are not my "expert opinions on your finances". It was what I was told by a SWFC fan.

it must be true if it as SWFC fan who told you?

yep cause all our fans are ITK when it comes to finances.

would you have believed him if he supported Stoke?

Edited by Belfast Owl 2