does anyone know any ex-Wednesday fans?

Yeah my twin brother.  He still follows a bit but his favorite team are Arsenal just because they play good football.  T0sser!

How times change - it's only 20 years since Arsenal were the dour defensive side setting themselves up in Cup Finals to stop us from playing our flowing football.

I know of one or two who crossed the great divide during the 70's. They were '..green and in their salad days' of early teens and it was when 'they' had Currie and Co and reached the giddy heights of the old 1st Division and we were really poo lol ...  They came back though...recognised the futility and error of their ways and never crossed the divide again.

I keep up with news and results, I tuned into player on Saturday, 5 minutes later Yeovil equalised, typical I thought, and tuned off again.

There's no point in caring too much, I'll just upset myself. 

Edited by NIOwl

Loads of my dad's mates don't bother any more.

When they were younger they could follow Wednesday around the country.

Now it's £26 to sit on the Kop. For one game.

loads like this as said in my thread... must be a good dozen of "us" including friends and family who dont feel it is value for money anymore

Honestly believe we would get 30k if we played "football", tried to win games and as a result was near the top of the league. £30 to watch utter tripe is fraud

My dad. Born and raised in South Yorkshire, brought me to Hillsborough occasionally when I was a kid, despite us living in Burnley and my grandad (on my mum's side) having played for them for a few years.

He ended up playing golf every Saturday afternoon but when he got bored of it (because he was shít lol), a couple of his mates who followed Burnley persuaded him to go to a couple of games. He started going more and more and has had a season ticket for a few years now.

I regularly give him stick for his treacherous behaviour, but the silver lining to the cloud was him buying me a ticket to see them beat the pigs in the Championship playoff final!

My dad. Born and raised in South Yorkshire, brought me to Hillsborough occasionally when I was a kid, despite us living in Burnley and my grandad (on my mum's side) having played for them for a few years.

He ended up playing golf every Saturday afternoon but when he got bored of it (because he was shít lol), a couple of his mates who followed Burnley persuaded him to go to a couple of games. He started going more and more and has had a season ticket for a few years now.

I regularly give him stick for his treacherous behaviour, but the silver lining to the cloud was him buying me a ticket to see them beat the pigs in the Championship playoff final!

We were all Burnley fans that day. lol

Slightly different senario  but my with the other half being 3 months gone I originally though 'right the kid aint getting a choice its gonna be Wednesday and that's that!'  But now I've started to think maybe just let the kid pick Man utd, barca or who ever .... Lets face it,  it will save the kid many years of heart ache/apathy etc...

As for me im stuck with Wednesday. Never would or could change team especially to the friggin porkers, people that do that  I cant get my head around.