Worksop Town vs. Sheffield Wednesday U21, Wed 7th Aug, 7.45pm kick-off, Sandy Lane

Any Wednesday fans in the area, get down to Sandy Lane tonight to watch the last U21 friendly of the pre-season.

Last time out the Owls were beaten 3-4 at Stocksbridge, with Lavery, Hinchliffe and Floro on the scoresheet.

Expected squad -

Cameron Dawson

Adam Harvey

Brad Beatson

Taylor McKenzie

Johnny Fenwick

Eoghan Murphy

Ayo Obileye

Paul Corry

Khalil Lambin

Gerard Abdelrafik

Arnaud Honore

Mani Dieseruvwe

Caolan Lavery

Adam Hinchliffe

Charlie Dawes

Decent game, good finish by Lavery after about 30 secs, good team goal leading to Lambin slotting home. Worksop are my home town club and have a tidy side this year, lots of ex wednesday youngsters in Jack Barnett, James Cottingham, Mitch Husbands and Nathan Modest.

Cameron Dawson was very impressive, Lambin was lively and hit the woodwork with a cracking shot, Corry played full 90, Obileye made a sub app, Lavery was pick of bunch for me.

Bullen, Thompson, Ramsdale, Wilkinson were all in attendance.

Palmer was watching from the stands- to be expected, hes a Worksop lad.

Decent game, good finish by Lavery after about 30 secs, good team goal leading to Lambin slotting home. Worksop are my home town club and have a tidy side this year, lots of ex wednesday youngsters in Jack Barnett, James Cottingham, Mitch Husbands and Nathan Modest.

Cameron Dawson was very impressive, Lambin was lively and hit the woodwork with a cracking shot, Corry played full 90, Obileye made a sub app, Lavery was pick of bunch for me.

Bullen, Thompson, Ramsdale, Wilkinson were all in attendance.

Palmer was watching from the stands- to be expected, hes a Worksop lad.

wanted my lad two years ago gaffer recommended by Wednesday , wouldn't travel though shame as he's a cracking player ,

Edited by trevdi9

Is Callum Bennett still on the books, the lad we signed from Ipswich? I thought he was quite a highly rated full back

Did we actually sign him in the end? I remember his name been mentioned about a year ago.

It was reported that Bennett had signed a one year deal but I don't think he ever did. Similar stories emerged this season with it being claimed that Nortey had signed a deal. I gather he was only ever on trial and was subsequently released