Chinese Takeaway ?

With ffp it's hard to see how investors can make much difference anymore.

They can't just go out and spend 20million to buy promotion.

There are ways around it. For example, the owners could decide to sponsor the side/stadium at an exorbitant price to increase the club's income. Man City did that.

With ffp it's hard to see how investors can make much difference anymore.

They can't just go out and spend 20million to buy promotion.

True, but the things that will increase revenue like improved corporate facilities and facilities that will be used outside of the matchday wilk require initial capital to create / improve what we have.

Guest cypress hill

We were also told that the 6'6" Croat striker was at Hillsborough last week for contract talks.

mario mandzukic ? lol

There are ways around it. For example, the owners could decide to sponsor the side/stadium at an exorbitant price to increase the club's income. Man City did that.

Interesting. Wonder if this has owt to do with turning down that sponsor then.... 

You listen to all the "experts", journalists, sports reporters, former players etc, talking and they all say the German model is the one to follow. We've had people on here saying we should be able to stand inside stadia, because they can stand in German stadia, and the German are the ones who know what they're doing in terms of running football clubs.

In German football the ownership of football clubs by foreigners is not allowed, and also,if a club finds itself in debt to the tune of 6 million euro they are automatically relegated.

The football clubs are properly run, by German people, and it seems to work brilliantly.

Personally, I'd rather not see our club taken over by Chinese or american business men, who have no interest in the club or the supporters. We've had one foreign owner, who saved us from going out of existence, but if he is going to sell the club, I'd rather it wasn't to more foreigners.

Is that strictly true though? I believe Bayern are floated of their stock exchange.

First of all this is not WUM in any way, just a true reflection of a conversation I was party to at a sportsmans dinner in Manchester last night.

The conversation, with a senior club official, was not in confidence so i feel justified repeating part of it in open forum.

The gist of it was that we, SWFC, are at an advanced stage in negotiations for a proposed takeover by a consortium of Chinese/Americans.

This culminated last Wednesday with a visit to Hillsborough, amidst much excitment, of 6 major players from said consortium.

Things are now at a very interesting stage as MM has changed his plans for this weekend to have further talks in London with these guys.

Thats as much as was learned and as I said is an honest appraisal of a coversation I was party to.

We were also told that the 6'6" Croat striker was at Hillsborough last week for contract talks.

So if the conversation was not in confidence can you divulge who this senior official is?

Interesting. Wonder if this has owt to do with turning down that sponsor then....

IMO we took the moral high ground. On the flip side, the club got good publicity in doing so. Bolton, on the other side, have been slated in their local press.

I can see it now, new chinese owners, hafway through the second half the 4th official holds up the subs board, 10 :24 and ends up with chicken curry and fried rice.

lol

Do we know what line of business these would be investors are in?

buying football clubs?

As always I'll approach stuff like this with an air of skepticism until confirmed either way.

But, we should expect more talk of takeovers soon, without a shadow of a doubt. Milan Mandaric's intention for Sheffield Wednesday was ALWAYS to turn around the clubs fortunes and make a profit on his purchase. It's nice we get all the other stuff too, the openness, the good relationship with supporters etc, but they're just bonus'. When it comes down to business, Milan is here to make us a more attractive investment and sell us on.

There are two factors here. One is Milan's age. He will want to and completely deserves to enter a happy retirement with his family. The second is our promotion from League One and subsequent survival in the Championship, which is a huge, huge step forward in terms of Milan's selling plan.

I don't know if this specific rumour is true but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if something 100% concrete happens on this front within the next season.