Chinese Takeaway ?

This one's picking up pace

Just had a phone call about this one and it's sounding pretty concrete

Should keep Owlstalk's traffic steady over the summer post-445-0-15477400-1339930303_thumb.png

Lets hope this time, more happens than a self imposed transfer embargo

Rumours like this worry the hell out of me.

I hope it's not a case of someone coming in and rinsing the Club dry as happened at Wolves and Blackburn.

I'd rather have us languishing in the bottom half of the Championship and paying our way as a football club than for a sugar daddy to come in, fuel us up and rinse the Club of everything including its tradition.

Smells fishy.

I agree but why on earth right now wih our turnover would anyone pay 30m for us? Therefore right now I don't think he will sell us as he would lose money. He may one day take a loss if he just loses interest or if his health suffers but no sign of that right now

Why would someone pay £30m?

Because its worth an estimated £120m if you're promoted to the Premier League, and we're one of the few clubs no already in there that could very realistically average 35k a game if promoted.

If you're wanting to acquire a club outside the PL that has a realistic chance of establishing itself once there, is there a better option around that's not already been snapped up by owners with the same aim?

I am not buying this, firstly if the takeaway was in the final stages then maybe they would visit, but if that was the case then at least one of the tabloids would be onto it, secondly if there just having a peeking at our old lass for commercial reasons ie catering well that's different. to be honest were no spring chickens so could be the wey to go.

I am not buying this, firstly if the takeaway was in the final stages then maybe they would visit, but if that was the case then at least one of the tabloids would be onto it, secondly if there just having a peeking at our old lass for commercial reasons ie catering well that's different. to be honest were no spring chickens so could be the wey to go.

The tabloids have very little interest in Sheffield Wednesday- it'll maybe get a few column inches if it happens.

Who thinks if Milan sells us he will have turned a profit (now I mean). Unless the offer is a very large one then I don't think he will. And as we know he is not here to take a loss

Don't think the timing is right to return a profit. Having said that I think it would be possible to break even which I am sure Miran would be happy with.

I admit the mega rich may have a go at it but the more prudent investor aka another Milan won't pay that kind of money. Milan will wait for the investor you refer to above, we will never get to the prem under Milan he wont invest the cash. But I'm not complaining i like the division we are, a flirt with the play offs would be nice though.

Do we really need to throw millions at it to get to the prem? Look at Leicester and then look at Crystal Palace.

Guest Sniper1

Id have a guess that Milans put in about 20m.

Leicester City were sold for 40m ish, on their return to the Championship.

We are a better buy than Leicester.

Thats not me being biased either.

Really?? Milan is not a Wednesday fan why waste three years of his life just to break even?

Milan has admitted that things were worse then he initially thought when he took over. I also think he has realised that turning the ship around has been harder than he anticipated.

Guest On Fire

Milan has admitted that things were worse then he initially thought when he took over. I also think he has realised that turning the ship around has been harder than he anticipated.

Basically he's bitten off more than he can chew

Guest Fedor

I can see it now, new chinese owners, hafway through the second half the 4th official holds up the subs board, 10 :24 and ends up with chicken curry and fried rice.

A bit lacist that mate.

Who thinks if Milan sells us he will have turned a profit (now I mean). Unless the offer is a very large one then I don't think he will. And as we know he is not here to take a loss

He made a small loss at Leicester. So he claims. I think he has 30-40m or so that he recycles through clubs as a hobby. If he makes a profit then great.