Lack of takeover talk

Is anyone else surprised that we haven't been linked with a takeover bid recently? Thought Milans plan was to buy us, consolidate us and get the club and its finances in order and then sell us for a profit. I just thought there would be some interested parties or at least rumours. To be fair for all I know some individuals or consortiums could be planning a bid for the club. Just seems quiet is all...

Guest SportsBlogs

We aren't consolidated yet. Yes, we stayed in the division - but 15 years of financial mismanagement takes it's toll. We've only recently started taking on youth coaches again, the academy is nothing like the finished article (only today I've read in the Star or Telegraph about Jones comparing our set-up with Shirecliffe), we're building a community centre and looking at the training ground.

Milan wants to fix all of this and make us a club worth investing in. He'll pocket more by doing it and the long-term prospects of Wednesday look much better.

I would hardly call that consolidation.   We escaped relegation on the last day of the season.

Was just about to say the same, even if we had finished top half, one season in the Championship is not consolidation.

I would think MM would be looking at Prem or at least playoffs with a realistic chance of promotion the following season to maximise any return on investment.

Edited by Spookone

Is anyone else surprised that we haven't been linked with a takeover bid recently? Thought Milans plan was to buy us, consolidate us and get the club and its finances in order and then sell us for a profit. I just thought there would be some interested parties or at least rumours. To be fair for all I know some individuals or consortiums could be planning a bid for the club. Just seems quiet is all...

Leave MM alone. Consilidation doesn't happen over night. Perhaps you would like some chicken farmers that know naff all about football, changing managers every verse end running the club. Blackburn for relegation?