Jones got it so wrong !

Guest james.taylor1982

Whats up

Hoist by your own petard?

You can admit sometimes you call it wrong you know

No need to get personal

You're being a pedant and you know it.  Suggesting that every team relies on teams dropping points is kind of missing the whole point of a one game shoot out situation that we are now in.

Just not bothered...

Rubbish

Its the way of football

You seriously can't say "we thoroughly deserved to get promoted" when others do us a favour in the run in - yet say "we deserved to get relegated" when other teams do us a favour in the run in

If you cannot see the inconsistency in that then we are  never going to agree 

It's not pedantry and in fact i'd say the reverse is true

You're being a pedant and you know it.  Suggesting that every team relies on teams dropping points is kind of missing the whole point of a one game shoot out situation that we are now in.

I'm just waiting for Honest Johns solution that Scram set him, joking aside though, I'm pissed off tonight Matti, but i'm not going to spit the dummy out after one game and say DJ should walk because we haven't beat Peterboro' away, We're on 55 points, a win against Boro' might see us finish near mid table and then all is good, and whilst I know it's not been an Ideal season one thing you can say is it's been the most weirdest one I've known, I just want to stay up, finish the season, go on holiday then sleep...Please!

Edited by TaxiMark

We have had a problem with playing football all season.

Never do we look comfortable in possession, I don't know whether it's just the blue and white tinted specs but other teams around us seem capable of passing and moving. That is my main concern with this team. We have relied on pace and power this season, we are incapable of playing football.

Pboro today: two attacking wingers who were tricky with the ball at their feet, two lively frontmen who wanted the ball and ran into te channels. McCann in midfield who could spray the ball about and was always there wanting the ball, we don't have this.

Coke and Olofinjana get the ball and don't have a clue what to do with it, no one around them, no one making themselves available. Llera only has one intention and that is to hoof it up as high as he possibly can. Helan is fast but is an accident waiting to happen with the ball at his feet. There is no team cohesion, no movement, no intelligence on the pitch., and when we come up against a footballing side like Pboro we were second best.

Guest We Shall Overcome

You just plussed yourself fool.

I wonder if you would call him a fool face to face some how i Facking doubt i it!!

Guest james.taylor1982

I wonder if you would call him a fool face to face some how i Facking doubt i it!!

Brave keyboard warriors, you got to love them hahaha

We have had a problem with playing football all season.

Never do we look comfortable in possession, I don't know whether it's just the blue and white tinted specs but other teams around us seem capable of passing and moving. That is my main concern with this team. We have relied on pace and power this season, we are incapable of playing football.

Pboro today: two attacking wingers who were tricky with the ball at their feet, two lively frontmen who wanted the ball and ran into te channels. McCann in midfield who could spray the ball about and was always there wanting the ball, we don't have this.

Coke and Olofinjana get the ball and don't have a clue what to do with it, no one around them, no one making themselves available. Llera only has one intention and that is to hoof it up as high as he possibly can. Helan is fast but is an accident waiting to happen with the ball at his feet. There is no team cohesion, no movement, no intelligence on the pitch., and when we come up against a footballing side like Pboro we were second bes

I agree with all that - but we must get over the line next week with effort and shear passion - back them for 90 mins

Guest james.taylor1982

Whats that got to do with anything?

What are we being deluded about James?

Thinking we are good we are rumbleing dreadful

And when we go down will we still be one of the best teams in the division in 2013 or does that count for the square root of flip all? The season is 46 games long and not 25. You should know that Scram.

No they wouldn't. It would be Wolves and us.

If we win, Peterborough win and Huddersfield lose they are down.

Huddersfield won't be going into next week not caring. They need a result just like us to be sure of staying up.

Edited by mark77

Guest Sheff Owl

I'm actually dreading next week.

This week is gonna go so slow and all that people will be thinking about is Sunday.

Thinking we are good we are flipping dreadful

I disagree James my friend

I don't think we are dreadful - i think we are victim of horrific circumstances

One is that the division is almost comical in how many points are needed for safety and the other is how we could easily have several extra points were it not for lamentable luck with injuries and some pretty awful refs decisions not going our way

Sadly, not many seem prepared to give DJ any latitude at all regarding the slings and arrows of outrageous foobtall fortunes

I think everyone is forgetting how terrible Middlesborough are, plus we also need what would be 2 surprise away wins from other teams, I think we will be ok but it's another week of stress for us that should have been avoided today

I can't believe i'm saying this but if we stay up, I think we should stick with Jones, I can't think of another manager out of work that would improve us as it stands (a realistic one) without gambling hugely

However this wasn't the case earlier in the season, the problem is the old 'they are not good enough for us' gets rolled out

Jones was lucky not to go earlier in the season, Mccarthy, Di Canio, Davies all would have come here and improved us but all of them laughed off on here

If we go down, the sacking of Megson and the non sacking of Jones (and getting McCarthy in) will look like 2 absolutely monumental mistakes for us and his wallet

To be honest its the absolute guff like we witnessed today which makes me think we will regret those decisions even if we stay up

I disagree James my friend

I don't think we are dreadful - i think we are victim of horrific circumstances

One is that the division is almost comical in how many points are needed for safety and the other is how we could easily have several extra points were it not for lamentable luck with injuries and some pretty awful refs decisions not going our way

Sadly, not many seem prepared to give DJ any latitude at all regarding the slings and arrows of outrageous foobtall fortunes

Can I start with 5 points lost against Bristol City at stoppage time