Jones got it so wrong !

Guest james.taylor1982

We are talking a couple of inches of the flight of the ball

If that is what it takes to define a rubbish, shocking, flip off, shyte, w ankers etc etc etc performance, from, great, need to plan for next season early, which players should we sign, well done Wednesday, great stuff leads etc etc etc - then the margins are way too tight to be so simplistic.

It would still have been utter utter rubbish at 0-0.  Sadly it seems that too often we get done my "inches" and "quality" that sadly we don't have.  We've managed to get 1 point against Bristol this year, 1 from Wolves, 6 from Barnsley, 3 from Posh and 1 from Huddersfield.  Is that really good enough against your relegation rivals?  Say what you like about the way Megson played football (and I was no fan of that) but this isn't any better.  At least he had a plan that stretched to more than "don't lose".  Someone needs to tell DJ that 46 points won't keep you up.    I can't remember the last time I saw us really fight for a game.  

And we all know DJ has a history of bottling it on the last day.  I think last season is the first time he hasn't managed to bottle it.

Just not bothered...

Guest TC OWL

I'm puzzled why we come off at half time, not pretty, but dominating play and looking threatening at times, so why change the formation for second half??? Baffling!

Game plan was seemingly working in the first half but on the TV he said we were shocking? slightly puzzled by this if I'm honest as we limited Peterboro to little, then we go to 442 and still played it long, Helan was shocking, Lee looked very weak, Madine did he even get a touch of the ball? just when you need a really good solid show and especially for those 5k travelling down.

Last game of the season to secure it, poor imvho.

Guest PenangOwl

Obviously I dont get to see many games this was the first one in 6 months and if this sort of foot(hoof)ball has been played since then, then no wonder people are calling for the managers head. I also understand that we play better away than at home - fark me!! Next week against Middlesborough....? then we are down..simple

from midfield forward...no clue, no scheme, no play, no idea - hoofball doesnt work in any league Sunday pub to the premiership. One last point point ...let's compare the managers ..Ferguson never left the touch and never stopped shouting and pushing on ...what did Jones do? Mmmmmm...disgusting and embaressing 

My biggest worry is that we know we only need one point to stay up.  I'd rather us need to win.  Knowing we need a point means DJ sets us up to get a point and we inevitably end up losing by the odd goal.  I just hope Milan can get to Tony Mowbray in the next week and give him £75893427589479827859234 to play his under 11's.

Just not bothered...

It would still have been utter utter rubbish at 0-0.  Sadly it seems that too often we get done my "inches" and "quality" that sadly we don't have.  We've managed to get 1 point against Bristol this year, 1 from Wolves, 6 from Barnsley, 3 from Posh and 1 from Huddersfield.  Is that really good enough against your relegation rivals?  Say what you like about the way Megson played football (and I was no fan of that) but this isn't any better.  At least he had a plan that stretched to more than "don't lose".  Someone needs to tell DJ that 46 points won't keep you up.    I can't remember the last time I saw us really fight for a game.  

And we all know DJ has a history of bottling it on the last day.  I think last season is the first time he hasn't managed to bottle it.

Doesn't matter if it was utter rubbish - if the ball had been 2 inches either way we'd be safe now - that is the incredibly close margin that we're talking about

No point in reeling off selected stats against other teams either - that doesn't save, or relegate you - its what happens over the season against every other team.

Maybe if we hadn't lost both MA and JJ we'd have that extra point we needed - again, those are the margins.

I think you just got out the wrong side of the bed Mr Right  Side. Wake up and smell the coffee were one game away from relegation.

At kick off this afternoon - half the division could still be relgated

So thats no barometer

Obviously I dont get to see many games this was the first one in 6 months and if this sort of foot(hoof)ball has been played since then, then no wonder people are calling for the managers head. I also understand that we play better away than at home - fark me!! Next week against Middlesborough....? then we are down..simple

from midfield forward...no clue, no scheme, no play, no idea - hoofball doesnt work in any league Sunday pub to the premiership. One last point point ...let's compare the managers ..Ferguson never left the touch and never stopped shouting and pushing on ...what did Jones do? Mmmmmm...disgusting and embaressing 

TBH it's posts like this that I find flipping cringeworthy  people just making an opinion on a one off game, fair enough it was a poor show in many individual ways but to comment about the whole season or next week is a little strange if you haven't seen us in 6 long flipping months.

Edited by TaxiMark

Doesn't matter if it was utter rubbish - if the ball had been 2 inches either way we'd be safe now - that is the incredibly close margin that we're talking about

Disagree on your "inches" theory Scram.....fact is Kirkland Set up the wall to cover the left of his goal and then went and stood behind it.....it was a massive piece of bad positioning by feet not inches

No point in reeling off selected stats against other teams either - that doesn't save, or relegate you - its what happens over the season against every other team.

Maybe if we hadn't lost both MA and JJ we'd have that extra point we needed - again, those are the margins.

If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.  I'm getting fed up of feeling hard done to.  Maybe we need to start looking after our own luck and taking the opportunities we are handed.  Rather than hoping our opponents don't take theirs, because that is what it has come to.

I genuinely can't see us staying up knowing that DJ will send a team out to get a point next week.  

Huddersfield won't really care if Barnsley win and Palace have been garbage of late.  I can even see Wolves getting 3 points against Brighton who will play the reserves to rest the first team for the play-offs.

Just not bothered...

Guest spongejosesquarejaw

If the worst comes to the worst, Jones will be gone. -> Silver Lining.

Pearson will then be most likely be in charge next season.

If we survive and are schizzle again, I doubt Milan will be as patient next year.

Guest TC OWL

We would have drawn today under Megson..   gary megson  

You're wrong, I'm gonna get slated for this, but I don't care, we would have won today under Megson. And to say COG was loaned out to free up wages is a joke. He was Megson's man and made it known and he was out. You don't loan out players who turn out good performances when and I repeat when you get the chance. Whoever it was on here that said we will go down and Barnsley will stay up because of COG, well I don't know about that, but he's definitely contributed to Barnsley's recovery. There is only us to blame if we do go down. And for those of you who say stop being negative, well after that performance it's pretty damn hard.

And of all those, us, Wolves and Millwall area the only ones that haven't done our jobs.

Peterboro' was always a difficult call, that said I'm mega pissed off at how certain players have performed tonight, weather DJ is at fault or not for the system it was okay in the first and I was confident we'd get a point, why change it in the second? can't quite get my head round that one at all.

If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.  I'm getting fed up of feeling hard done to.  Maybe we need to start looking after our own luck and taking the opportunities we are handed.  Rather than hoping our opponents don't take theirs, because that is what it has come to.

Hope you remember that next week

As for the rest of the post - well we have been doing all those things - which is why we are one of the top performing teams in the division in 2013

You're wrong, I'm gonna get slated for this, but I don't care, we would have won today under Megson. And to say COG was loaned out to free up wages is a joke. He was Megson's man and made it known and he was out. You don't loan out players who turn out good performances when and I repeat when you get the chance. Whoever it was on here that said we will go down and Barnsley will stay up because of COG, well I don't know about that, but he's definitely contributed to Barnsley's recovery. There is only us to blame if we do go down. And for those of you who say stop being negative, well after that performance it's pretty damn hard.

Well said im with you megson would have seen us a win today...