Jones got it so wrong !

Guest james.taylor1982

Peterboro' was always a difficult call, that said I'm mega pissed off at how certain players have performed tonight, weather DJ is at fault or not for the system it was okay in the first and I was confident we'd get a point, why change it in the second? can't quite get my head round that one at all.

We haven't had a midfield all season and that DJ hasn't spotted that is frightening.  Our midfield sit 3 yards in front of the back 4 and win absolutely nothing in games.  Today was no difference and even with 5 in there the best we could do was get it and hoof it away.  

Just not bothered...

Hope you remember that next week

As for the rest of the post - well we have been doing all those things - which is why we are one of the top performing teams in the division in 2013

And when we go down will we still be one of the best teams in the division in 2013 or does that count for the square root of flip all?  The season is 46 games long and not 25.  You should know that Scram.

Really???....given that if that happens Huddersfield could still go down?

No they wouldn't.  It would be Wolves and us.

Just not bothered...

Guest BaRmY OwLs

Game plan was seemingly working in the first half but on the TV he said we were shocking? slightly puzzled by this if I'm honest as we limited Peterboro to little, then we go to 442 and still played it long, Helan was shocking, Lee looked very weak, Madine did he even get a touch of the ball? just when you need a really good solid show and especially for those 5k travelling down.

Last game of the season to secure it, poor imvho.

This I can not work out,was gobsmacked when he said that. I thought we were more composed first half than second half.

Jones thinks its all about him!, its always the players faults or the ref & never him!

I wouldn't read too much into that.  It's just a deflection tactic.  Fergy, Arsen, Mourinho etc all do it to try to help take the heat off the team.

Post match comments are utterly pointless, nothing can be taken form them.

Guest Big Ron's pal

An abject performance.  One point would have clinched survival.  Now we have to endure a nail biting finish, yet again.  Apart from the 'touch of genius' (an in off the post free kick, i.e. just hitting the target rather than just missing it) we didn't seem to be outplayed but where was the will to win?  Effort seemed to be evident but very little fight came out of it.  The football we have served up this season has been very poor and should we survive, great changes need to be made all round.  Let's get the season over and plan for the next, wherever we find ourselves.  Can't say that I've enjoyed the last nine months.

And when we go down will we still be one of the best teams in the division in 2013 or does that count for the square root of flip all?  The season is 46 games long and not 25.  You should know that Scram.

No they wouldn't.  It would be Wolves and us.

Absolutely

But we aren't going down imo 

And based on that

So the "if your aunty had balls..." stuff will mean that whatever else has happened this season is irrelevant and job done

Agreed?

The fans were brilliant today and deserved better than that performance. DJ went out not to lose. Once we went a goal down I could not see where a goal was coming from - no creativity at all. Why did he not get a replacement for Antonio. We had five games to get a win and so far its been LDDL. Let's hope we can make it a win next week but on the last two performance I am not optimistic.

The fans were brilliant today and deserved better than that performance. DJ went out not to lose. Once we went a goal down I could not see where a goal was coming from - no creativity at all. Why did he not get a replacement for Antonio. We had five games to get a win and so far its been LDDL. Let's hope we can make it a win next week but on the last two performance I am not optimistic.

Firstly - who would you propose as the easy to get and readily available replacement for MA

Secondly, we do not need a win

Absolutely

But we aren't going down imo 

And based on that

So the "if your aunty had balls..." stuff will mean that whatever else has happened this season is irrelevant and job done

Agreed?

I wish I was as confident as you.

Firstly - who would you propose as the easy to get and readily available replacement for MA

Secondly, we do not need a win

The only result that will guarantee our safety is a win.  Anything else will see us watching for other results.  And if you have to rely on others then for me you don't deserve it.

Edited by mattitheowl

Just not bothered...

I do feel since the Blackburn game we have set up too negativley!

Having said that I think the injuries to JJ and Antonio have not helped, but we should have gone for it more from the off to try and get this one extra win that would have seen us safe!

However without JJ or Antonio we look completley devoid of ideas!

I’m disappointed about the result but there’s nothing we can do about it now other than flap like spoilt children (same old names doing that atm).  The freekick was pretty much unstoppable IMO – unfortunately we don’t have anyone in our squad capable of doing that on a consistent basis,  and that was the difference between the sides today.  Other than that, the game was fairly even on chances created.

We move on – beat Middlesborough and we’re safe.

The only result that will guarantee our safety is a win. Anything else will see us watching for other results. And if you have to rely on others then for me you don't deserve it.

Peterborough and Barnsley play football. We don't and we can't. I agree with you here Matti, probably heat of the moment reaction, but I'm gutted tonight- a desperate performance and no points in a crucial game. We set up for a point, can't even get a point.

The fact is we have to rely on others, because aren't good enough. Credit to DJ for turning it around and he shouldn't be sacked, but this relegation battle should have been over after the Millwall game. We've had four games since to pick up a win- we have failed and sleepwalked back into danger.

Losing faith, and very angry after today's performance.

The only result that will guarantee our safety is a win.  Anything else will see us watching for other results.  And if you have to rely on others then for me you don't deserve it.

So we didn't deserve to get promoted last season?