Jones got it so wrong !

Guest james.taylor1982

Guest Sheff Owl

Huddersfield probably still need a win to be absolutely safe and they play Barnsley.

If they draw and we lose we still stay up providing we don't lose by 4 goals or more.

Huddersfield really need to pull something out of the bag, they can't risk losing that game.

Huddersfield probably still need a win to be absolutely safe and they play Barnsley.

If they draw and we lose we still stay up providing we don't lose by 4 goals or more.

Huddersfield really need to pull something out of the bag, they can't risk losing that game.

Will we be still missing JJ? I'm more confident about beating Boro next week if I'm honest, can see draws for Peterboro and Hudd v Barnsley next week too.

I disagree James my friend

I don't think we are dreadful - i think we are victim of horrific circumstances

One is that the division is almost comical in how many points are needed for safety and the other is how we could easily have several extra points were it not for lamentable luck with injuries and some pretty awful refs decisions not going our way

Sadly, not many seem prepared to give DJ any latitude at all regarding the slings and arrows of outrageous foobtall fortunes

I genuinely thought you knew all about football Scram but I'm starting to wonder if someone has hacked your account.  If you are honestly suggesting we could go down because of a few crap refs then you are seriously missing the point.

As Sally said above, we are clueless on the whole when it comes to playing football.  We have no midfield and our defence just smash it long in blind hope.  If that is the best DJ can get from these players he needs to look in the mirror because that is everything the previous manager got lambasted for.  

Whenever we come up against a team who play a bit of football we look terrified and just fold in on ourselves.  I'd love to know how many games this season we have got into double figures for shots on target this year, it's probably less than the fingers on your right hand.  We are so negative it is unreal.  And the few glimpses of football we have seen we have taken teams apart.  The first 3 games of the year were fantastic, it just needed a bit of tightening at the back, not the whole flipping team rebuilding around the philosophy of "don't lose whatever you do".  It's terrible to watch and isn't even effective.

If we are going down the lines of non-sensicle footballing bad luck cliches then I will say that the only way we have picked up 55 points is because most of the top teams have bottled it since Christmas.

Just not bothered...

Guest Sheff Owl

The refs have been crap for everyone this season..i think most teams fans have said the same thing.

The refs have been for us too, look at Barnsley away (Madine flying into Steele).

It's all down to us, we haven't been clinical, we heaven't been clever, we have just been happy to plod along hoping everything will be ok.

I genuinely thought you knew all about football Scram but I'm starting to wonder if someone has hacked your account.  If you are honestly suggesting we could go down because of a few crap refs then you are seriously missing the point.

As Sally said above, we are clueless on the whole when it comes to playing football.  We have no midfield and our defence just smash it long in blind hope.  If that is the best DJ can get from these players he needs to look in the mirror because that is everything the previous manager got lambasted for.  

Whenever we come up against a team who play a bit of football we look terrified and just fold in on ourselves.  I'd love to know how many games this season we have got into double figures for shots on target this year, it's probably less than the fingers on your right hand.  We are so negative it is unreal.  And the few glimpses of football we have seen we have taken teams apart.  The first 3 games of the year were fantastic, it just needed a bit of tightening at the back, not the whole flipping team rebuilding around the philosophy of "don't lose whatever you do".  It's terrible to watch and isn't even effective.

If we are going down the lines of non-sensicle footballing bad luck cliches then I will say that the only way we have picked up 55 points is because most of the top teams have bottled it since Christmas.

I think you've raised some very good points about DJs style of play, however the main aim for the last 5 months this season was to grind out results and to stay up, especially after them horrendous runs , but it's still in our hands.

If we were to play the same way next season and not really improve our quality then it will be just the same hit and miss season for us, that would be hard viewing. 

I see where Scram is coming from, if the linesman last week had watched the game and realised Lita was clearly onside we would not be panicking now.

But for me we've been relegation fodder all season. The squad has been all over the place- look at the side we fielded today and then look at the side we fielded at the start of the season and it is ridiculous how much it has changed. We lack ideas and creativity and we struggle with the basics like clearing the first man from a corner or just passing the ball.

It has been a horrible season, we just cannot pull away from the relegation zones and we are as close as we have been for awhile going into the last game of the season. We took our foot of the gas after the Millwall game, all we needed to do was pick up one bleedin win from the last four games, but we have failed. Yes, the points tally is high but at the end of the day the worst three teams go down- no matter how many points you are on- and the pessimist with in me really thinks it will be us. I don't want Jones sacked,i've backed him all season but I never imagined we'd be in this position now under him.

He's made some bizarre decisions, but he has to be given credit for what he has done this second half of the season.

I disagree James my friend

I don't think we are dreadful - i think we are victim of horrific circumstances

One is that the division is almost comical in how many points are needed for safety and the other is how we could easily have several extra points were it not for lamentable luck with injuries and some pretty awful refs decisions not going our way

Sadly, not many seem prepared to give DJ any latitude at all regarding the slings and arrows of outrageous foobtall fortunes

I agree, the circumstances this season have been crazy. We found a very effective style of play after Xmas which relied on pace and power, yet we have lost Reda, JJ, Antonio from that side which makes us barely able to do anything other than stay tight. We actually looked pretty good at Hull.

Although its in our hands I don't have much faith in the remainder of the squad to go out there and actually play to win. Its just going to be a roll of the dice next week.

Peterborough and Barnsley play football. We don't and we can't. I agree with you here Matti, probably heat of the moment reaction, but I'm gutted tonight- a desperate performance and no points in a crucial game. We set up for a point, can't even get a point.

The fact is we have to rely on others, because aren't good enough. Credit to DJ for turning it around and he shouldn't be sacked, but this relegation battle should have been over after the Millwall game. We've had four games since to pick up a win- we have failed and sleepwalked back into danger.

Losing faith, and very angry after today's performance.

Couldn't have put it better myself pal

Im trying not to be too knee jerk but im absolutely gutted tonight.

That performance wasn't good enough and I fear that the other 3 sides in this mess have got more fight left in them than us.

I genuinely thought you knew all about football Scram but I'm starting to wonder if someone has hacked your account. 

So if anybody disagrees with you about football that means they know nothing about the game?!?!

I don't patronise people by commenting on whether they know about football or not - very few rights and wrongs - just opinions

But i do tend to find the ones who seem least understanding of the game are those that claim others don't know anything about football

Guest PenangOwl

TBH it's posts like this that I find flipping cringeworthy  people just making an opinion on a one off game, fair enough it was a poor show in many individual ways but to comment about the whole season or next week is a little strange if you haven't seen us in 6 long flipping months.

I'm not making an opinion. If you read it correctly you will see I use the word "if". I also quote facts e.g. the home record what is it - lost TEN?? My opinion doesn't actually count. It is the opinion of the people who go and spend their hard earned sovs that count.

A points all they need, but ...

Scram is absolutely bossing this thread.

Some people can't see the elephant in the room. They sincerely believe that, like a chess player, a manager can dictate how the game goes by making pro-active moves that all but guarantee the outcome you want. 

I still believe that a lot (by no means all, because there is more than enough to reasonably complain about) of negative reaction by fans is no more complex or substantial than a toddler throwing a tantrum in psychological terms.