Credit To The Ref..

Guest JonTheOwl66

JTO I agree with you.......I thought the ref had a decent game. He could have sent someone off if he had been in the mood but credit to him, he let the game flow as much as possible.

I have noticed this season the taller the ref the better the game.  We have had some right "little" refs who make up for lack of height/presence by blowing their whistle at every opportunity as if to say " LOOK AT ME ! ".....

" I'M ALL POWERFULL ".........but this ref did okay today.

And he got both penalties spot on.

Love to know where the 6 minutes of injury time came from.

It's not injury time. It's added time. Six subs is three minutes. Two goals is another minute. You're not telling me that there wasn't At least two other minutes of time wasting or injury?

It's not rocket science. But the same bloke behind me on row 15 of the kop says the same thing every week.

Apart from being conned a lot by Blackburn players he got one very important decision wrong, on a number of occasions after a foul he waited to see if there was any advantage to be gained, yet he had more than enough time to do the same when Helan was away behind the Blacburn defence, but pulled back play and gave us a free kick, left me shaking my head .

Just started a thread at the same time which has been deleted along with my opinion.

I thought he had a good game. He gave a few decisions to Lita which have been missed over the last few weeks. The only guff was not allowing advantage when Helan was clean through in the second half.

To be fair, he probably saw what he did earlier when he was clean through and thought it wasn't an advantage. lol

The ref was decent and so was Helan today.

Guest taffowl71

I agree that the referee was poor!

BUT.....Why hasnt anybody mentioned that Kirkland should have gone for the pen.

Love to know where the 6 minutes of injury time came from.

Do you really not know the rules re - added time for sustitutions, time wasting etc .

6 minutes was about right today and don't forget it is always a minimum amount of time that is anounced so the ref has the option to add more if there is more time wasting or any more substitutions  .

JTO I agree with you.......I thought the ref had a decent game. He could have sent someone off if he had been in the mood but credit to him, he let the game flow as much as possible.

I have noticed this season the taller the ref the better the game.  We have had some right "little" refs who make up for lack of height/presence by blowing their whistle at every opportunity as if to say " LOOK AT ME ! ".....

" I'M ALL POWERFULL ".........but this ref did okay today.

And he got both penalties spot on.

Can we just have refs over six foot six please .

The 6 minutes: 6 substitutions, two goals, physio's on/off numerous times, other miscellaneous time-wasting - it soon adds up.

Got both penalty decisions spot on - and the decision to only show Kirkland a yellow; I thought that Rhodes (I think) had taken a heavy touch, and would have struggled to keep the ball in play.

Whether or not Gardner got the ball is one thing; but once he'd given a FK, he had no decision but to book Gardner, as it was a similar offence to the foul that Dunn saw yellow for.

The yellows he handed out to our players in the second half were justified - there were some very late/mistimed challenges from our lot today.

I'm not saying that he had a perfect game, but he was far better than some of the other officials we've seen this season 

Were you watching the same game as me?

First half Blackburn get given a free kick 6 yards from the goal-line towards the North Stand. There goalkeeper moves the ball forward a full 10 yards - ref says nothing.

Later in the first half, Buxton delivers a cross to the back post, ref gives a free kick at the back of the 6 yard box (again toward the North Stand) for a foul by Reda. Goalkeeper takes the free kick from a good 4 yards outside of the 6 yard box and at the other side of goal, again the referee says nothing!

Second half Wednesday get a free kick in front of the South Stand, Llera lines up to take a curling delivery into the box - referee makes him move the ball 1 yard!!!

Also, Gardner gets booked for a tackle when he clearly took the ball.

Also, he played 6 minutes injury time in the second half - did either physio come on?

The only consistency he showed was throwing yellow cards round like confetti, but obviously lacked the fortitued to show a second to Kane near the end of the game.

Another below par match official.

Great riposte. Absolutely cannot believe someone actually negged it so an outraged and supportive +1 from me.

Personally I thought this was the worst one yet. He must have given at least 15 consecutive fouls against us for a period of about 15 minutes in the second half every time we won the ball. He put us under unbelievable pressure with his incompetence. Booked our players then only had a "stern word" with Blackburn players for exactly the same infringements. A full weight c__t!

I'd also be interested to see his reasoning for not sending Kirkland off. Obviously it was at the other end to me but I honestly thought it was going to be a penalty, red card and game over.

I think he got conned a few times but the major one for me was in our favour, just after JJ scored and was booked, he took one of their players out just outside our area, then went down as if he had been fouled, the ref waved play on and all the impartial owls were baying for a foul to us, lucky lad to stay on the field IMHO  :rolleyes: