Credit To The Ref..

Guest JonTheOwl66

the referee was flipping diabolical

did you not see the dives by David Jones (on loan from Wigan) was falling about like a sack of shyte and the ref bought into it

some of the free kicks - even for us were diabolical as well

Edited by Hack-Abusi

Were you watching the same game as me?

First half Blackburn get given a free kick 6 yards from the goal-line towards the North Stand. There goalkeeper moves the ball forward a full 10 yards - ref says nothing.

Later in the first half, Buxton delivers a cross to the back post, ref gives a free kick at the back of the 6 yard box (again toward the North Stand) for a foul by Reda. Goalkeeper takes the free kick from a good 4 yards outside of the 6 yard box and at the other side of goal, again the referee says nothing!

Second half Wednesday get a free kick in front of the South Stand, Llera lines up to take a curling delivery into the box - referee makes him move the ball 1 yard!!!

Also, Gardner gets booked for a tackle when he clearly took the ball.

Also, he played 6 minutes injury time in the second half - did either physio come on?

The only consistency he showed was throwing yellow cards round like confetti, but obviously lacked the fortitued to show a second to Kane near the end of the game.

Another below par match official.

Good summary that. And he constantly fell for black bums horrendous diving tactics. He was awful

Great riposte. Absolutely cannot believe someone actually negged it so an outraged and supportive +1 from me.

Personally I thought this was the worst one yet. He must have given at least 15 consecutive fouls against us for a period of about 15 minutes in the second half every time we won the ball. He put us under unbelievable pressure with his incompetence. Booked our players then only had a "stern word" with Blackburn players for exactly the same infringements. A full weight c__t!

I'd also be interested to see his reasoning for not sending Kirkland off. Obviously it was at the other end to me but I honestly thought it was going to be a penalty, red card and game over.

I can clear that one up from 160 miles away

It wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity

Thought he did well today.

Showed some balls for our penalty, and didn't make any notable mistakes.

Nice to see!

You're just saying this to wind people up aren't you. That's the worst display by a refereee I can ever remember seeing At Hillsborough

Kirkland could have gone for that challenge.

I'm not saying it would have been fair, but it wouldn't have surprised me.

I don't see the basis for why he would/could have been sent off tbh

It wasn't a reckless or violent challenge - and it wasn't denying a clear goalscoring opportunity

So he shouldn't have been sent off

Just started a thread at the same time which has been deleted along with my opinion.

I thought he had a good game. He gave a few decisions to Lita which have been missed over the last few weeks. The only guff was not allowing advantage when Helan was clean through in the second half.

:duntmatter:

Edited by tonyem

I don't see the basis for why he would/could have been sent off tbh

It wasn't a reckless or violent challenge - and it wasn't denying a clear goalscoring opportunity

So he shouldn't have been sent off

I'm just saying I've seen goalies sent off for less.

It was reckless

I'm just saying I've seen goalies sent off for less.

It was reckless

It was stupid but it wasn't dangerous; there were covering defenders and the attacking player wasn't heading straight for goal.

Not a "clear goal scoring opportunity", therefore not a red.

Edited by Loxley Owl