Cecil Nyoni

Football provides people with a living whether they enjoy it or not. There's a few players in the Premier League who don't enjoy playing football and see it as their job but are content enough to pick up their wage packets.

Unless he has something lined up I can't help but think this is the wrong decision, but I guess we just have to admire his honesty and wish him well.

Hope he knows what he's doing.

You're a long time working and he could have given it up to go to a job he hates, 5 days a week for the next 40 years like so many of us do.

I'd personally give anything to have had the talent and opportunity that he's had.

All the best to him though.

Football provides people with a living whether they enjoy it or not. There's a few players in the Premier League who don't enjoy playing football and see it as their job but are content enough to pick up their wage packets.

Unless he has something lined up I can't help but think this is the wrong decision, but I guess we just have to admire his honesty and wish him well.

How do we know he's made the wrong decision? Perhaps he wasn't happy being a footballer, it may look a dream job to us but perhaps he just wasn't enjoying it. Why should life be motivated by economic rewards? Nyoni might want to do something he enjoys or maybe he realises that he isn't going to make the grade at Wednesday therefore focus on something else.

It's his life and people can't say he has made the wrong decision if they don't know him or don't know what he wants to do with his life. Football is not the dream job for everyone. Good luck to him and hope whatever he does next makes him happy.

Fair play to him.  Much respect actually.  He could have easily stayed on or joined another club and stole a wage while at the same time produce poor performances due to lack of commitment.  Good luck for the future

Edited by didz

How do we know he's made the wrong decision? Perhaps he wasn't happy being a footballer, it may look a dream job to us but perhaps he just wasn't enjoying it. Why should life be motivated by economic rewards? Nyoni might want to do something he enjoys or maybe he realises that he isn't going to make the grade at Wednesday therefore focus on something else.

It's his life and people can't say he has made the wrong decision if they don't know him or don't know what he wants to do with his life. Football is not the dream job for everyone. Good luck to him and hope whatever he does next makes him happy.

And that's why it's known as "my opinion".

It's a decision most of us on here will find baffling.

If I could earn minimum wage playing football I would do. In fact, just to say I play football as my job would be a dream come true.

Nyoni could still play in the USA, Far East or Australia. He could definately coach or make a living from game there.

Still, if he doesn't enjoy it fair enough.

And I'm challenging your opinion, what the forum is for, right?

:biggrin:

Indeed, with a barrage of questions.

And because I was short for time, I'll answer them for you now.

Personally, if you have a career in football then you should look to maximise it to the potential. I just hope Cecil has something decent lined up and isn't going to be the latest teen which will suit around on his backside moaning because he hasn't got a job when in essence, he has a fantastic opportunity to serve himself and his family. Football doesn't just lead you down the route of being a player, it leads you in many other directions and I do wonder whether Cecil has thought this through thoroughly. I just hope he enjoys the usual 9-5 shift in whatever he chooses.

If he turns out to be a fireman or something alike, then I'll admit I was wrong and he probably made the right call, but as much as I admire his honesty, he's let a fantastic opportunity go begging and one which all of us on here would give a boll0ck for and one which could have seen him well off in the future, providing he stayed on the right tracks.