Cecil Nyoni

at the end of the day if he wer reyt good do any of you think he wud av packed in?

Not the first time it's happened though.  Couple of seasons back Ipswich GK left football for same reason.  Went back to Ireland I think and got back into Gaelic football and wanted to do law or something. Struggling to think of his name at the moment but was highly thought of as a Championship keeper and one that would only improve and had a very bright future.  

I think these decisions say as much about the person involved as the supporters knocking him - not directed at you specifically.

I don't understand all the negativity to this though.  I think he should be applauded for not cheating a wage pack off supporters who can't normally wait to ***** about players that do.  So much more to life than earning a good salary.

Edit - Just googled it - Shane Supple http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/ipswich_town/8211586.stm 

Edited by ipswichowl

Guest James Junny

Cecil can make it but does he want to be a footballer or a joey like all the other numpties from kimberworth. Only he can make that choice.

we don't know the circumstances do we. but if you don't get to the top your not set up for life are you,

so maybe he's getting a head start by going for his future career now.

who would have thought Andy Linighan would become a self employed plumber after his exploits.

ok I accept there wasn't the SAME money as is available now. but when he broke my heart an made me cry at Wembley on that fateful Thursday night nearly 20 yrs ago, he did that in the premier league era, and he won league title's.

same team as Wrighty, and he's a millionaire!! 

quite apt after breaking my heart that he should be scraping poo out of peoples pipes when fitting a new toilet!

thinking about it I might even get him in when my dunny needs changing (after a curry) 

on his van it says something like.............ANDY LINIGHAN, good footballer, GREAT PLUMBER!

Never ceases to amaze me do comments like Cecil's here.

Apparently Assou-Ekotto feels the same but likes the money.

True but assou-ekotto is gonna be on the kind of wages that are gonna see him through when his playing days are over.

Cecyls probably well aware of the fact he's never gonna play at a high enough level to demand a massive wage therefore is gonna have to do something different when he retires, may aswell nip it in the bud and take a different avenue while he's still young.

I can associate with Cc on this one.

When I was 20, rapping spoiled my life too. I just couldn't stop. I was sneaking up to my bedroom and doing it, doing it in the toilets at school, then college. Before I knew it I was moving onto harder stuff like Acid House Rap and before long I had descended down the road of making up my own language a la Sigur Ros's front man. Now I am all rapped up and can't imagine how I ever liked the stuff in the first place.

We don't all make perfect decisions when we are 20 and sadly it can take a life time of grief before we even find out that we did make the right or wrong decision all those years ago. Most people look back at some point in their lives and wonder what might have been. Good luck Cc, follow things that make you happy and if you stay out of love with football you could always get a job at S2.