DJ Who still behind him?

When I saw our summer signings, that was when I readjusted my expectations We have a squad that is capable of avoiding relegation, just, so where we are now is about right. Strengthen the squad and maybe we could push on to mid table. It might not be palatable for some of us but that's the reality.

Guest mpinkie182

Give him until January then MM needs to make a decision . If we are bottom 5 then he has to go. IMO. We need to see his plan b on the pitch, 442 give mayor or JJ a chance . Try bothroyd up front with marine.!

Gotta love Marine! :ph34r:

But do you REALLY? You'd honestly say you'd be happy for Dj to be given more cash and trusted to spend it in the transfer window. I know I wouldn't.

That'd be the same Dave Jones who kept Cardiff in and around the play-offs, play-off and FA Cup final for several seasons while at the same time trading players giving Cardiff a £20m positive transfer budget? Funds which probably kept an otherwise dead club, alive.

Guest mpinkie182

When I saw our summer signings, that was when I readjusted my expectations We have a squad that is capable of avoiding relegation, just, so where we are now is about right. Strengthen the squad and maybe we could push on to mid table. It might not be palatable for some of us but that's the reality.

Me too, but what were your expectation with the promoted squad?

Must stay for me. Time and again we have sacked the manager. If he had come into the club, with us established in this division, I may thnik differently, but he hasnt.

We have moved up a step, the squad he inherited was short of the quality to survive in this league, but did have the spirit and work rate.Meegy built a horse for the league 1 course, Dj has looked to add the quaity, but for me cash nneds to be spent on 2 Strikers, not loan signings. Over to you Milan. It was reported that we were keeping funds for January, well now we know we need them Give Jones the time and cash.

If the front emn were converting a higher percentage of the chances we have created other areas of the team woudnt look so under pressure and then Jones could play the 442 open attractive style he likes.

Bring in a better second than Wilkinson and who know we may yet have another Big Ron and a team we cant all be very proud of.

We need things to improve. We've taken just 8 points from the last 39. Dave Jones told us to look at where we are after ten games. He also said he wanted to play constructive football, building from the back. Well Friday night, was more hoof ball. We only have seven more games left until Christmas. According to John Ryan relegation to League 1 cost Donny Rovers around £6m. I can't see our chairman wanting to spend that. We just want Dave Jones to pick some points up to avoid a relegation dog fight.

Dave Jones in.

I think its swings and roundabouts. It was hinted at by DJ and PA that it was important to keep the squad together and take advantage of the momentum we'd built. At the time I thought, great secure the 4 loanees on permanent deals, get a couple of old heads and bring in a few quality loanees. It was soon clear that was not going to happen as we began to recruit virtually a new squad, any momentum was then lost. Clearly had we run with the squad that finished last season, we would have struggled, so recruitment was needed. It was the level of recruitment that surprised me. DJ obviously wanted his own players and thats fair enough. However, when the dust had settled our squad still looked lacking in certain areas. DJ has brought in some good players no doubt about that, but over all, we lack the quality to be a top half team. Thats when I readjusted my expectations.

I do think he will get it right, but it is gonna take time. There are signs that he is now prepared to make the sacrifices needed to rectify the imbalances in the squad. This I'm happy with, but they will need to be quality loan additions of the kind he brought in last season. As I said, we are where I expected us to be. With the new additions and the squad having bedded in, I expect a better second half to the season. Not unduly worried and still fully behind the manager.

Guest arobert

Dave Jones lost his head in the summer transfer whirlwind.

Critically he brought in Pecnik, McGuire and Rodri and had clearly not watched and studied these players in depth.

The wages of those three would have paid for one quality loan striker.

He also stupidly blew his wages budget hence our desperation to now ship people out on loan.

Sadly we are left with a squad that is big, largely inexperienced and lacks quality at Championship level.

The result is now inevitable - Dave Jones departure.