DJ Who still behind him?

Guest Triplej2

While it's eminently possible that DJ has maybe expected some of his signings to cope a bit better than they have - there's no way on this planet he has underestimated the division - he knows it inside out

I suppose what I was saying was (for example) that expecting the likes of McCabe, Semedo and Barkley to control games at this level was naive and that's not neccessarily because they are underperforming.

I just cannot see it, having brought in over twenty players and revamped the coaching staff, will Milan really want to start again? Of course he won't countenance us going down, no way, but will he want the cost of paying off DJ and his staff, employing a new man and supplying him with the funds to rebuild the squad again. It's not like when Jones came and we were a pretty impressive force in a crap division. I think it's more likely, and right, that Jones will be allowed to continue to build his own squad. If things start to get a bit too close for comfort, I think he is more likely to sanction a few high profile loans.

Even if dj stays i think he will want to ship out half the squad including the majority of his own signings.

One of the guys on RS mentioned that Mowbray had a similar start to his Championship career with Boro. Started well & then declined, same happened the season after but now, they're top of the table, full of confidence and with some great youngsters coming through. That's taken three years. DJ is always on about being a builder and I believe he will make this club great again. All managers, no matter how good they are, go through a lean spell & this is ours. I hate to write this season off but feel that must be the case. We need to begin grinding out results, getting a settled 11 and find that scoring touch again. I know its mad frustrating having us dicking around the relegation zone again but I firmly believe we are too good to go down. My mate and I commented on the team line-ups shown on Sky last Friday and on paper the squad is very good. Particularly our bench: Rodri, Mattock, Taylor, JJ, McCabe. You cannot tell me that DJ has not progressed us!

Just give him time, let's remain patient and ok, this season be be turd but who knows where we'll be this time next year [cue smart-arse saying, "League 1"].

UTO!

If he started playing 4-4-flipping-2 we wouldn't be where we are

Indeed, we'd be at the bottom and with a distance growing towards safety. Our defence and midfield is simply not strong enough and too out of form to play 442 right now.

Does anyone out there actually KNOW who is responsible at the club for incomings and outgoings. I sometimes wonder if the managers under Mandaric are utilised as they are in many countries abroad i.e. the managers are "coaches" who are just presented with players to use.There have been some strange transfer deals since our saviour arrived.