DJ Who still behind him?

Most intelligent and reasonable Wednesday fans want him in.

Those who are short sighted and ignorant want him out.

DJ will stay.

20 new players 10 defeats Playing hoofball to a single striker. Hmmm so that is what you want if you are intelligent and reasonable.

I would prefer something better so I must be in the short sighted and ignorant camp.

Out

Guest foreverSWFC

20 new players 10 defeats Playing hoofball to a single striker. Hmmm so that is what you want if you are intelligent and reasonable.

I would prefer something better so I must be in the short sighted and ignorant camp.

Out

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:

Not you aswell SiJ?

Not me as well what?

I'm 50/50 on Jones at the moment and have been for a while.

You assertion that only "intelligent" people want Jones to stay is actually pretty dumb when you think about it.

I don't see us getting relegated and anything above that is a successful first season back in the Championship for me with the squad we have, no idea what the rest of you were expecting? Far too much of the wage budget is being spent on players clearly not up to Championship top half, survive this season, have a clear out and rebuild for a push next season.

Guest foreverSWFC

Not me as well what?

I'm 50/50 on Jones at the moment and have been for a while.

You assertion that only "intelligent" people want Jones to stay is actually pretty dumb when you think about it.

If Jones was to go, who would come in?

Don't you agree that one thing the club needs and has needed for awhile is stability?

I just think it's crazy how many people want him out, we never learn, I know football fans are impateint, but our fans seem to take it to new levels.

If Jones was to go, who would come in?

Don't you agree that one thing the club needs and has needed for awhile is stability?

I just think it's crazy how many people want him out, we never learn, I know football fans are impateint, but our fans seem to take it to new levels.

I think you'll find that most fanbases, certainly from larger clubs, have that element within their fanbase.

I wan't Dave Jones to succeed, I really do, flip I think he is a decent manager, but we are utter cr*p at the moment and I'm finding myself increasingly baffled by his decisions.

I will concede that a major factor in why I'm not calling for his head is the fact that I can't think of anyone better - at the moment - that could come in.

Jones in, his win record has taken a beating though in the last few. Needs to smart up on the tactics though, if Bothroyd is playing, play him up the bloody front!!!!

^^^ This, if he's going to stick with Bothroyd then he needs to play JJ and Antonio either side. We need pace to get up along side and get on any flick ons. Bothroyd is offering nothing on the wing

Still 100% behind him.

Football is such a fickle sport. Everyone wants an easy ride and when the going gets tough it turns into a MASSIVE blame game. And if you don't join in with the blame game you're a 'happy clapper'.

Are we playing well? Not particularly, but the majority of the teams we're playing against are damn good. Middlesborough were very competent, as we're Blackpool. We more than matched Leeds, and beat two of the strugglers below us.

The main problem for me is that we don't look threatening enough going forward. Obviously we're conceding too many as well but I have some confidence in the defensive players we have to eventually adapt, where as I can't say the same for the players upfront.

I said at the beginning of the season I'd be happy as long as we survived, as did many others. The thing is, I think some people just said that in the excitement of being promoted and in their uderlying confidence that we could be a surprise package this season.

Is a team that finishes 21st (which i'd be ecstatic with) going to be a finely tuned machine on the field? No. We're going to struggle at times, we're going to be outplayed now and again. You have to be realistic and accept that we are in the very early stages of being built up to our former selves.

Dave Jones is still the manager that kept us unbeaten to the end of last season. I'm not saying he's untouchable but really ask yourselves if he has suddenly become a bad manager. More importantly, think who's out there that would be a better replacement.

I understand the frustration right now, but I also understand we're 3 points clear of the relegation zone.

Believe.

Edited by standerino

I'm fully behind DJ. But I'm more behind Milan, he knows more than me about the ins and outs of the club. I 100% trust that Milan will do whats best for Sheffield Wednesday.

Milan is a world class businessman you can 100% trust in the fact that he will do what is best for Milan.

Some of our fans are so fickle. I go out and listen to other fans from other teams

and they say were supposed to be really good supporting fans and then they read

poo like calling for dj head. I'ts so embarassing. Even if we go down[ Which i don't think we wont}

we should still stick with him. When are we going to learn that changing managers dont work.

Lets get off his back and the players.

100% behind him. Stability is the key......

I think the fact that we had a good August, clouded the teams shortfalls, and we thought we would be pushing top half. As a result DJ missed the warning signs that maybe we should have added a bit more experience and guile to midfield, both centrally and out wide, Because of the good run, DJ then spent the rest of his budget on a "Luxury Players" ie Bothroyd, (who to be fair, while not being played in his correct position, has added very little to the team, and his work-rate is simply not high enough for him to be included in our struggling team), and Martin Taylor.

I have to say that I thought the acquisition of Taylor on deadline day was needless. The Watford boards were split 50/50 on him on the night of August 31, and many even preferred the calamitous Nyron Nosworthy over Taylor!!!! That sadly told me all I needed to know about Taylor. Add to that, loaning Beevers out to a rival (I'm not a Beevers fan either), is a strange one!

However, we are where we are and sacking DJ, whom I feel is the best manager that we have had since Big Ron, would be stupid. Lets get through this season, get to 50 points asap, and keep building.