Player ratings

bothroyd 4

worst on pitch for me just my opinion!

As for barkley 9.5 ( wish we could buy him )

An semedo 9.5 Great as always

Antonio 8 i like him lots work on the finish he will be a 10

Cog 7 a work horse as usuall

This is just my take on game i look foward to slaggers slaggin me off lol

Guest wilyfox

bothroyd 4

worst on pitch for me just my opinion!

As for barkley 9.5 ( wish we could buy him )

An semedo 9.5 Great as always

Antonio 8 i like him lots work on the finish he will be a 10

Cog 7 a work horse as usuall

This is just my take on game i look foward to slaggers slaggin me off lol

slag lol

Really? Worst player for Wednesday today closely followed by COG.

It was nice to win and play poo poo rather than play well and lose!

Worst player?

Really?

Defensively sound and offered well going forward. Decent in possession. He didn't do anything wrong today.

Not sure what you or BG were watching. Most of the fans on here, twitter and the few I spoke to after the game all said he had a good game.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Barkley was Our driving force today, everything good going forward seemed to come from him, we lack some urgency at times and most of the players on not on the same level as barkley to keep up with what he is trying to do

Semedo class, Gardner class, Madine looked good when He came on

Not great from COG or JB will expect better on Tuesday if they start.

Kirkland 6 (couldn't really see if he could have stopped the goal)

Buxton 8 (white Cafu)

Llera 7 (desire for the goal was immense)

Gardner 8 (class act)

Jones 7 (best game I've ever seen him have)

Antonio 8 (ran em ragged)

Barkley 8 (keeps on impressing)

Semedo 9 (back to his brilliant best. Immense)

McCabe 7 (nothing special, apart from one through ball for Antonio )

Bothroyd 7 (quality there but was a bit off, and tired badly)

O.Grady 8 (beast again)

Madine 7 (much better, put himself about)

Overall a sluggish performance, but a win's a win, so who cares?

that makes no sense, a sluggish performance but you've given most of them 8's and a few 9's?

I can't think of the ratings I would give but what I will say that Gardner looked great as did Llera, Semedo was vastly improved compared to his early season form and Barkley was excellent although he needs to cut out his showboating at the wrong time like when he gave possession away when he extravagantly nutmegged the player in the middle of the park with the back heel. Buxton is just Mr Consistent. My MOM was McCabe based upon the level of the performance he gave after being out of the team for a while - in the second half, he played a through pass that was as good as you could get. Everyone else did what they needed to do.

Semedo was unreal today, man of the match easily.

Gardner gets better every game he plays, i though Llera looked comfortable and Buxton was also very good. Jones is still the best FIT left back we have and i thought he was decent.

The rest (bar one) put the effort in but didn't really sparkle. Apart from the odd bit of decent play by Barkley, 2 excellent passes by Mcabe and the odd bits and Bobs from Antonio they were all much of a muchness.

Bothroyd was the only negative. Not good enough today, an absolute nothing performance. If he wasn't Jones' man he would have been brought off within 10 mins of the 2nd half.

Sadly we don't know what we'll get from him from one game to the next.

The two Mr Reliables from last season Buxton and Semedo were again the stand outs. Semedo was MOTM, won the ball at will and even his passes were faultless. Buxton is looking past his fitness concerns and really getting stuck in. Antonio was also very good.

COG offered much more than Madine, set up the first goal and intimidated and hassled their defence plus can make the ball stick up front unlike his replacement.

buxton seemed to lack confidence in passing the ball forward at times but played well defensively. Jones was alright, centre backs awesome today. Bothroyd looked fooked i think, played some descent stuff but didnt look fully fit (could be down to the bug that was going around the squad), feel sorry for o'grady, doesnt get the recognition he should off some fans, hes playing as a lone striker for flip sake

buxton seemed to lack confidence in passing the ball forward at times but played well defensively. Jones was alright, centre backs awesome today. Bothroyd looked fooked i think, played some descent stuff but didnt look fully fit (could be down to the bug that was going around the squad), feel sorry for o'grady, doesnt get the recognition he should off some fans, hes playing as a lone striker for flip sake

Totally agree with you on this. Wasn't his best game but he battled manfully against a back 5. We don't get enough people beyond him so he is forced back a lot. Also we don't win anywhere near enough second balls off COGs battling.

Totally agree with you on this. Wasn't his best game but he battled manfully against a back 5. We don't get enough people beyond him so he is forced back a lot. Also we don't win anywhere near enough second balls off COGs battling.

Precisely the problem, but some people are dense and dont realise its not o'grady thats the problem its that the team are playing to far off of him or just not anticipating where the ball might fall. He gets a hell of a lot of poo poo but flippingworks his socks off for this team!!!

I also agree with this to an extent, we need to get bodies off him especially at home, but COG gave the ball away cheaply a few to many times today or played the wrong ball (or shot). it was his worst performance of the season, other than palace.

That said he should start Tuesday based on form across the season.