Player ratings

Worst player?

Really?

Defensively sound and offered well going forward. Decent in possession. He didn't do anything wrong today.

Not sure what you or BG were watching. Most of the fans on here, twitter and the few I spoke to after the game all said he had a good game.

Totally, did nowt but fall over and lost the ball numerous times trying to go forward. He was garbage but previous 2-3 games I thought he had looked a lot better. Really poor today. COG & Bothroyd both were garbage. But like I said we won at the end of the day that is more important. Players can have off days. What got me were the idiots starting to boo Bothroyd again for his mistakes. Fickle bunch at times.

Kirkland 6 (couldn't really see if he could have stopped the goal)

Buxton 8 (white Cafu)

Llera 7 (desire for the goal was immense)

Gardner 8 (class act)

Jones 7 (best game I've ever seen him have)

Antonio 8 (ran em ragged)

Barkley 8 (keeps on impressing)

Semedo 9 (back to his brilliant best. Immense)

McCabe 7 (nothing special, apart from one through ball for Antonio )

Bothroyd 7 (quality there but was a bit off, and tired badly)

O.Grady 8 (beast again)

Madine 7 (much better, put himself about)

Overall a sluggish performance, but a win's a win, so who cares?

He's been that good for the last few games - he was as good as Buxton at least

Also - How does Llera only get a 7 for scoring and being as good as Gardner defensively?

Edited by townend_owl

Guest Fast and Bulbous

Obviously some really big Danny Jones haters on here. I thought he did well today and seems to be increasing in confidence. CoG not suited to this formation [is that the right name for what was on offer in the first half?] and Bothroyd should at this stage be much fitter than he was today. Thought he was quite poor today.

Antonio is a real worry...should be hitting the net every week and his final ball [apart from cross to Llera today] is generally poor.

Semedo was superb today, Llera good and Barclay also.

Don't think people can really have a go at Bothroyd when he's played on the right wing. He's left footed, and he's a striker... Seriously question what he's doing there to be honest.

Obviously some really big Danny Jones haters on here. I thought he did well today and seems to be increasing in confidence. CoG not suited to this formation [is that the right name for what was on offer in the first half?] and Bothroyd should at this stage be much fitter than he was today. Thought he was quite poor today.

Antonio is a real worry...should be hitting the net every week and his final ball [apart from cross to Llera today] is generally poor.

Semedo was superb today, Llera good and Barclay also.

Sorry...?

Madine was a 10

Antonio was poor again (finishing REALLY needs work - he's missing crucial chances in a 4-5-1 formation - can't do that)

Daniel Jones was great going forward - put in some really dangerous crosses

I thought Antonio had a pretty good game, great cross for the 2nd goal and the chance he missed was from a lightning quick run in behind their full back

Guest Hatchethazza

O'Grady was nearer 0.8 than 8.

Yeh that flick on for the goal was to$$

Edited by Hatchethazza

Think Antonio looked off it in the first half but second half he was a real threat and his assist for Llera was top drawer. Yes, his finishing might not be the best yet but he's young and is developing all the time. His control with his feet and strength to keep the ball is immense

Guest GreenGoose

Yeh that flick on for the goal was to$$

Anyone could have won that flick, hardly makes him a world-beater does it.

His first touch for the rest of the game was horrendous.

He is not a long term solution, totally one dimensional, he's the best for that job at the moment but I just wish Madine was in any sort of form because he could do that job and bring so much more.

Guest Ripley Owl

Semedo best player on the pitch.

Gardner played well.

2 good goals. Great cross by Antonio for 2nd.

I'll agree with that, but don't forget Miguel the warrior !