If you were Dave Jones...

Guest silvergusy

I'd be thinking 'i have one game to save my job, lose to bottom of the table (not to mention manager less Ipswich and go bottom ourselves) and I'm done for.

There are a few players in our squad that are as yet still untried.

Chris Maguire who could play the number 10 position next to bothroyd/ madine/ cog

and Danny Mayer who must surely be a better option than the erratic and wasteful JJ?

Edited by Beholder

Guest intercity0wl

I'd be leaving the training to the coaches and be on the blower trying to recuit an experienced player for central midfield/up front.

Bet he would love to do just that, but to bring in experience, (which i agree we need) but that might costs a bit more than the young promising ones MM seems to want to finance, although i would imagine Bothroyd may be costing us a few quid towards wages.

Edited by intercity0wl

What would you do on the training ground to fix things?

What corners would you work on?

What about free kicks?

What would you be saying to Antonio and JJ ?

I'd order a large buffet and have a massive food fight that hopefully goes a bit over the top and the players can get their feelings vented and have a good ruck, after which everyone in the bath for a calm down and then group 'chat'.

I'd work on three types of corner...

1 If we are going to insist on near post or short of near post corners then I'd practice having a player there to flick them on to the incoming big lads.

2 I'd practice a driven inswinger that is aimed at the far post with big guys coming in for the header, others practicing following in.

3 I would practice corners without a ball... sounds daft, but works with mini-soccer kids and at the moment my U8s take better corners than us...!

I'd nominate three free kick takers and designate who takes what from where.

Then I would insist that we stop with the low around the wall b0ll0x as none of them are any good at it.

I'd then practice set pieces a bit like corners.

I'd tell them that one of them will be on the bench on Saturday and by tomorrow evening will them know who. They will also find out at the same time that the other won't be in the squad as Mayor is starting along with Bothroyd out wide.

Then I'd take 'em for a sit at the top of the Kop before getting on the coach to East Anglia and have a chat about what they want from the fans and how they earn/get it...!