Here's my take on things

Having let him bring in 14 players, I'm not sure it would make any sense for Milan to sack Jones anyway. Jones brought those players in and some of them must fit his plans so on that basis, he's probably the best person to sort this mess out

Guest theowls 93

Another thing..Antonio was dreadful tonight and has been poor all season really. His touch is poor, his crossing is poor, his dribbling is poor. I'd much rather see either Maguire or Mayor out wide for a game

Was that the reason ?

I doubt it

I'm struggling to understand the decision tonight to select Madine ahead of COG to be honest

Don't think it was to give COG a rest tho..

Perhaps Cog was still trying to get Browns boot out of his groin and only managed it with 5 minutes to go

Well my take on things :

1) DJ has tried to turn us into a passing team, setup to dominate the opposition home and away.

2) Too many changes at the back undermined this and we started shipping goals

3) Going 4-1-4-1 has stopped the goal rot and allowed the back four to settle down and grow in confidence (especially the centre backs)

4) The downside of 4-1-4-1 has been that the goal scoring opportunites have dried up

5) Now that the back four look tight(er), time to go back to 4-4-2 - Bothroyd will score in a two up top system

DJ is building for the future, we need to hold our nerve (he and Milan clearly have a plan that goes beyond this season). Once we get a couple of wins under our belt, I think we will cruise to mid-table.

I keep thinking back to the Palace game, where we were described as relentlessly putting them under pressure.

With regard to dropping COG for Madine - I don't think COG would have scored either - we would just be moaning about COG not scoring instead of Madine not scoring.

Milan will stick by Jones, through thick and thin.

They are both in this together.

Why such loyalty?

Because they share a common bond - probably Milan wants Jones to succeed even more than Jones himself.

He won't get rid of Jones IMO.

I think owning Wednesday for MM has two motives. To go out of football taking the club into the Premiership - all about his ego and secondly, to make money.

Everything else is secondary. He may well like Dave Jones and this might buy him more time but MM will not tolerate anything or anyone that interfers with or inhibits the above motives.

Well my take on things :

1) DJ has tried to turn us into a passing team, setup to dominate the opposition home and away.

2) Too many changes at the back undermined this and we started shipping goals

3) Going 4-1-4-1 has stopped the goal rot and allowed the back four to settle down and grow in confidence (especially the centre backs)

4) The downside of 4-1-4-1 has been that the goal scoring opportunites have dried up

5) Now that the back four look tight(er), time to go back to 4-4-2 - Bothroyd will score in a two up top system

DJ is building for the future, we need to hold our nerve (he and Milan clearly have a plan that goes beyond this season). Once we get a couple of wins under our belt, I think we will cruise to mid-table.

I keep thinking back to the Palace game, where we were described as relentlessly putting them under pressure.

With regard to dropping COG for Madine - I don't think COG would have scored either - we would just be moaning about COG not scoring instead of Madine not scoring.

Are you sure you mean the Palace game?

we had a spell of about 10 min after we equalised where you could say we were putting them under pressure up until the penalty

the rest of the game we didnt turn up and were far from putting them under relentless pressure

DJ needs to stop making bleeding ridiculous managerial decisions. COG is by far the most effective striker we have at the moment and should be the first name on the teamsheet every week.

tbh it makes you wonder whether he wants cog playing at times mate because he soon shifts him out at the drop of a hat , trouble is cog keeps proving him wrong ,