Here's my take on things

I'm a big Dave Jones fan, but dropping COG for Madine, didn't go down too well with me, and you have to question his judgement sometimes.

On the plus side, we've the Development Squad which fills me we confidence we're planning for the future at last.

We also it seems, outplayed Blackburn for much of the second half. A team that was playing premiership football last year, and has still got the financial clout to bounce back up.

Dave Jones must stay, but he needs another Terry Burton by his side.

Agree with the OP as for the players however there might be some changes in January and there might be some surprises. Not ITK BTW just guessing that a few might be put up for sale that might or might not surprise some on here

I'm a big Dave Jones fan, but dropping COG for Madine, didn't go down too well with me, and you have to question his judgement sometimes.

On the plus side, we've the Development Squad which fills me we confidence we're planning for the future at last.

We also it seems, outplayed Blackburn for much of the second half. A team that was playing premiership football last year, and has still got the financial clout to bounce back up.

Dave Jones must stay, but he needs another Terry Burton by his side.

Does appear so

I'm a big Dave Jones fan, but dropping COG for Madine, didn't go down too well with me...

I would be very interested to hear the manager's thoughts on this. Quite apart from their respective form and goals, O'Grady is evidently much more suited to the lone role than Madine is.

...and you have to question his judgement sometimes.

You can do this for every manager at almost any time if you really want to. There's always a different formation, substitution, tactic, training method, demeanour etc.

Was that the reason ?

I doubt it

I'm struggling to understand the decision tonight to select Madine ahead of COG to be honest

Don't think it was to give COG a rest tho..

What about to give Madine a run out then?

Strikers need to play more than other positions imo.......they need to keep sharp, they're not going to do that on the bench or in training.......you need to give them games.

Madine scored a shed load more than COG last season, it makes sense to give him a chance.

4-5-1 away at Blackburn was hardly the best time to experiment to be honest

It was hardly an experiment.

Taking Jones off and putting JJ at left back was an experiment......would have been a better experiment to put him up front with COG after 70 minutes.

T'is easy this managing malarkey, might apply.