Funniest chant?

Guest MrWestHam

Guest christheowl

I found the "you're Leeds united, you'll do as you're told" chant on Friday bloody hilarious

:biggrin: That got them wound up, they didnt know what to sing back !

It rarely got sung but the one or two times I heard the James O'Connor song at away matches tickled me.

"Ohhhhhh James O'Connor you are the love of my life.

Oh James O'Connor I'd let you shag my wife.

Oh James O'Connor, I want Ginger hair too."

And yeah I think the "...shed as big as this" song started on the 'Nationwide tour' at the beginning of the noughties, love it. Come to think of it "We're all going on a Nationwide Tour" was sung in the season we were getting relegated from the Prem as a kind of 'we'll be back song'...

Hmm... awkward...

At notorious puncher Pavel Srnicek sometime in the late '90s: 'I've seen Pavel catch the ball, I've seen Pavel catch the ball...'

At notorious puncher Pavel Srnicek sometime in the late '90s: 'I've seen Pavel catch the ball, I've seen Pavel catch the ball...'

I heard this being sung at Bournemouth last season, to the tune of Que Sera, Sera: "Steve Gerard, Gerard, that baby's not even yours, it's Jon Otsemobor's..."

And on the train back to London from Colchester a couple of years ago: "Here's to you Clinton Morrison, Wednesday loves you more than you will know..."

Guest MASSIVE1867

Went to watch newcastle man city at newcastle in april and all the mancs and geordies where singing pass the parcell when fergie dies, where having a party when fergie dies, haha might not go down well with some of you on here but was funny

And yeah I think the "...shed as big as this" song started on the 'Nationwide tour' at the beginning of the noughties, love it. Come to think of it "We're all going on a Nationwide Tour" was sung in the season we were getting relegated from the Prem as a kind of 'we'll be back song'...

Hmm... awkward...

We're still on our Nationwide Tour, it's just gone on a little bit longer than we thought and changed name a couple of times

Remember when we played Man Utd in the reserves cup final at Old Trafford about 6/7 years ago, took about 1,500 fans, not long after Man U had signed Rooney so the Wednesday fans in attendance directed "ROONEY! ROONEY! ROONEY!" chants at this fella

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/sheffield-wednesday-fan.jpeg

Edited by musingowl

Guest MASSIVE1867

Remember when we played Man Utd in the reserves cup final at Old Trafford about 6/7 years ago, took about 1,500 fans, not long after Man U had signed Rooney so the Wednesday fans in attendance directed "ROONEY! ROONEY! ROONEY!" chants at this fella

http://www.sabotaget...nesday-fan.jpeg

hahaha lol

:tango: <<--- that man is a legened

Against Arsenal Seaman was at our end and Chris Woods pulled off a wonder save for us (hard to believe). We started singing "Englands No. 1". Seaman turned round and pointed to himself with a "Do you mean me" expression.

But you can't beat the 'where were you when Koeman scored?' chant against the ponytailed one.

Incidentally, didn't someone say (when he was warming up once) 'is that Seaman on the pitch?' to which the answer was , 'no, I think its frost'

Guest Deleted member

I remember an away day at Ayresome Park and Colin West did a really bad tackle....

the Wednesday fans were singing 'send the bas tard off the pitch'

Anyone remember this one;

He's got a pine apple, on his head, he's got a pine apple on his head... to Jason Lee.

I remember Wednesday fans singing 'One Salmon Rushdie' to sam hammam when he was gloating on the pitch with Wimbledon.

Why have you got tights on to Shaun Derry at Leeds away. in 2007

Brighton Vs Ipswich last season.

For some reason the Ipswich fans went to the bother of making a bloody great long banner which was derogatory about the shiny new Amex stadium, thus winding the home fans up no end who are rightly proud of their new home having waited 14 years to get it.

The stewards asked the fans to take the banner down and when they didn't it was taken down for them and binned!

"Where's your banner gone?

Where's your banner gone?

Far far away

Far far away"