What About The Ref?

Guest cypress hill

the ref will be happy that kid ran on the pitch, as it now takes the attention away from his shocking performance

on a happier note, he's a nice fella that diouf

Dioufs diving, browns insistence on following the ref round giving him help and the most blatant pen EVER! Absolute flippingdisgrace again. Getting really sick of the standard of refereeing we are subjected to week in week out

I cannot believe that the referee didnt stop the game when the seats were getting thrown onto the field of play. You'll watch a top flight game soon enough where a coin gets thrown and the linesman will be waving his flag like crazy to bring it to the refs attention. The game will be stopped and they wont restart it until the police have removed the missile and the ref has put it in his book.

I keep wondering whether the unsavory events happening in the stands and the objects being thrown onto the pitch had any effect on the players, it must have been on their minds, particularly Kirklands before they scored.

The ref / linesman 4th official, whoever, should have done the right thing and stopped the game and reported it to the police.

As for the game itself, I think that if he had clamped down on the diving and feigning injury early on by showing a few yellows then things wouldnt have boiled over as the game went on. The crowd were getting frustrated by the horrible tac-tics (which coincidentally dont work in the Premier League because the managers wont put up with it there and the reason Warnock fails as a top flight manager) which led to the ugly scenes later on. Now Im not blaming the ref for the acts of the mindless Leeds fans, but they have to take a look at what part they played and what they could have done to prevent the situation. IMO the officials could have done a lot early on to calm the whole event.

I liked him, its a yorkshire derby ffs i want to see a bit of fire. Good free flowing game with intensity and passion. The Huddersfield game is an example to me of a ref killing a game by not allowing anything to go.

He didn't see the handball which is fair enough - he can't give it because our players insisted he'd intentionally handled it. In that position none of us would have seen it.

The linesman however is a different issue - stood right next to bothroyd at the corner flag who immediately appealed very strongly so he definately saw it.

No problems with the ref from me - the refs i can't stand are the anally officious ones who just want to kill games and whistle for everything which only encourages more diving.

Don't agree Think he did see the hand ball then thought flip I have to send him off here it's going to kick off and he bottled it. As was said on the radio he should have consulted his assistant

Guest Triplej2

Llera should have been sent off, maybe even twice.

Brown should have been sent off.

The penalty decision was crazy- if Bothroyd can see it, then why can't the linesman? Bottled that one.

Our goal was offside- O'Grady is a couple of yards offside and clearly in Kenny's way.

So basically the officials got every major decision wrong- our goal should have been chalked off but then again we should have had the penalty...and both sides should have had 10 men.

It was straight from a throw in pal.

We have a former ref ,who is now an assessor who comes into our place a lot. I had a long conversation with him last week about the standard of refs we have had lately. He said all football fans are the same. I pointed out to him that I had been watching Wednesday for over 30 years and never had cause to complain about refs and that complaining was a United thing. But lately I told him we have had some absolute shocking refs. He skirted round the issue saying refs are not biased (not even Deadman) and said don't worry you have a good ref Friday night. Wait till I flippingsee him next week.

and take that picture Fedor mate tell him to explain that ,

...actually...it about gets it right. They slowmo'd it on SKY yesterday and even Beagrie couldn't understand why Brown wasn't cautioned....he deliberately brought his other leg around and slammed his boot into COG's back...

To be fair that frame makes it looks alot worse than it was.

Miguel leveled it out later on.

I thought that if you showed your studs and your feet were not on the ground, you stood a chance of being sent off? As his studs appear to be around COG groin level and COG is not laying flat on the pitch this one might just rank as cautionable?

The penalty decision was crazy- if Bothroyd can see it, then why can't the linesman? Bottled that one.

Our goal was offside- O'Grady is a couple of yards offside and clearly in Kenny's way.

So basically the officials got every major decision wrong- our goal should have been chalked off but then again we should have had the penalty...and both sides should have had 10 men.

you can't be off side from a throw in

Guest Triplej2

In all seriousness the standard of officials nowadays is so bad it's laughable.

I sit in the North between halfway and the lepp and saw the handball and the 2 footed karate kick as plain as day. In both cases it appeared the ref was looking straight at it!

The sh*t they don't see is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

It's like when a player clears in to touch but it quite clearly clips an opposition player, everyone in the entire stadium see's (and hear's) it except the linesman and ref. Staggering.

Can you be offside from a throw in?