What About The Ref?

Crowd issues aside, and a much improved performance as a team since I last watched us play against Bolton, what did you think about the ref?

Personally, I believe he appeared to be off the pace from the game. The few instances that he was right on top of incidents he seemingly misinterpreted what was happening in front of him. It is very frustrating at this level of football to see, consistently, under performing match officials. The handball, the scissor kick and Diouf's falling over completely passed without retribution.

But bizarrely the most frustrating thing for me was seeing a Leeds player holding up an imaginary card at the ref and not being spoken too. Last time I saw this happen Rhys McCabe got a yellow!

Maybe it's time the higher tiers of football employed full time officials? One thing, hopefully, that would be solved is the lack of consistency that endures from week to week?

Guest Bedders

Crowd issues aside, and a much improved performance as a team since I last watched us play against Bolton, what did you think about the ref?

Personally, I believe he appeared to be off the pace from the game. The few instances that he was right on top of incidents he seemingly misinterpreted what was happening in front of him. It is very frustrating at this level of football to see, consistently, under performing match officials. The handball, the scissor kick and Diouf's falling over completely passed without retribution.

But bizarrely the most frustrating thing for me was seeing a Leeds player holding up an imaginary card at the ref and not being spoken too. Last time I saw this happen Rhys McCabe got a yellow!

Maybe it's time the higher tiers of football employed full time officials? One thing, hopefully, that would be solved is the lack of consistency that endures from week to week?

If his interpretation of the game was how he refereed it......then football is truely BROKEN!

He had a proper mare / shocker / stinker / bad day at the office.........

Need cameras & technology in ASAP to make these people ACCOUNTABLE!

How the heck did he not give the blatant handball????

And I'm sure I saw COG catch one from Brown in or near the 'family jewels'......

Not the worst Ref ive seen at Hillsborough this season but he got 2 major decisions wrong, Becchio & Brown for me should have gone, Llera was very lucky to be on the pitch however had the Ref been competant then Llera wouldn't have been placed in those situations.

penalty incident apart i thought he did ok(he can only give what he see's) ,he didnt allow the leeds players to influence him hard as they tried .it was a great game it wouldnt have been if he'd have been the fussy book everyone who makes a hard challenge type of ref .

Llera should have been sent off, maybe even twice.

Brown should have been sent off.

The penalty decision was crazy- if Bothroyd can see it, then why can't the linesman? Bottled that one.

Our goal was offside- O'Grady is a couple of yards offside and clearly in Kenny's way.

So basically the officials got every major decision wrong- our goal should have been chalked off but then again we should have had the penalty...and both sides should have had 10 men.

I thought he did well in regards with letting the game flow but this was heavily over shadowed by two absolute terrible mistakes by him, it was a blatant handball, their player should of been sent off, and also Brown should of been sent off for his kung-foo kick, ref didn't even have a word with him.

shocking ref, how the officials missed the handball was disgraceful. I count 3 definate pens this season that we havent been awarded. I hope this doesnt count against us at the end of the season. Brown is a two hat for his imaginary card and his antics for the whole game.

I thought he was ok but then again I am comparing him to the crap that we've had at Hillsborough for the past 2 years.

I never saw the handball but if it was blatant like everyone says then Becchio should have been sent off and a pen given to us. I didn't see the Llera elbows either but these are to be expected in a derby and are often given leeway because of this. The Brown incident I did see and the referee certainly saw it, I think the only reason Brown wasn't sent off is because COG got straight back up.

Guest Bedders

If his interpretation of the game was how he refereed it......then football is truely BROKEN!

He had a proper mare / shocker / stinker / bad day at the office.........

Need cameras & technology in ASAP to make these people ACCOUNTABLE!

How the heck did he not give the blatant handball????

And I'm sure I saw COG catch one from Brown in or near the 'family jewels'......

Borrow one of Neil's piccys to illustrate my point!

385588_10151257516198945_393760022_n.jpg

Guest Bedders

F00k me the refs looking right at it as well the cheating stinky flaps

Why do we ALWAYS get sh!t refs???

This proper incensed me at the time! The ref was looking straight at it & did nothing & Brown started rolling about like he was the victim.

I tell ya when I see poo poo like this happening, & the refs turning a blind eye, I really think football is 'broken' or 'rigged'!!!

That picture (& it is a cracking picture Neil) shows there is NO EXCUSE for poor officiating!

Bring in the technology now and make them ACCOUNTABLE!

We have a former ref ,who is now an assessor who comes into our place a lot. I had a long conversation with him last week about the standard of refs we have had lately. He said all football fans are the same. I pointed out to him that I had been watching Wednesday for over 30 years and never had cause to complain about refs and that complaining was a United thing. But lately I told him we have had some absolute shocking refs. He skirted round the issue saying refs are not biased (not even Deadman) and said don't worry you have a good ref Friday night. Wait till I flippingsee him next week.