Hope this little fella's ok....

Hopefully the lad's alright - not a good experience for a little kid going to a footy match with his dad

Agreed.

You really have to feel for the Leeds fans who just pay their money to go and watch their team play football. It must be awful for them having such a large percentage of mindless thugs ruining it for them.

There's idiots at all clubs. I sat at the last game against united next to a chap who looked in his thirties and his young son maybe 5 or 6 years old. We had a little chat before the game and he seemed perfectly pleasant. As soon as game kicked off he stood up and spent the next 90 minutes hurling abuse at the blades fans. Didn't seem bothered about the game or his kid. I wondered what he was trying to teach the lad.

Having said that I swore a few years ago that I would never go to Owls v Leeds games again. They have been the only games at Hillsborough where I've felt truly threatened. Most trouble only comes to those looking for it. At Leeds games it seems to find people regardless.

Apologies for the quality of these - was at the other end of the stadium so these are heavily cropped

Think you can see the effect on the lad though...

Shocking stuff - worse than any hoolies scrapping in my opinion

post-4683-0-27183100-1350692349_thumb.jp

post-4683-0-12591100-1350692364_thumb.jp

post-4683-0-32989300-1350692379_thumb.jp

post-4683-0-56920700-1350692392_thumb.jp

Because there's no evidence that they've done anything wrong

The authorities and club will have video evidence of them doing it I would imagine

I think he meant to pin point that lad who shoved Kirlkland in the face

Without wanting to spoil the anti-leeds sentiment, does no-one remember us doing the EXACT same thing at Rochdale away two years ago?

True

PS - there's no anti-leeds sentiment in the original post - just concerns for a little lad going to footy and getting hit by an advertising hoarding

Owlstalk Shop

There should be MORE families coming

If people stop bringing kids and families to games because of hooligans then the stadium will just end up full of....

Hooligans !

If families clear off after this that increases the % of hoolies in the stadium vs total crowd size

This in turn then makes it look like football is a hooligan activity again and attracts more hoolies to footy and we end up back in the dark ages

More families needed at football not less

Surely Neil you have made your own case for submitting the photo's to SYP and Leeds United (or even the press for that matter) for them to take appropriate action.

Wasnt referring to the op, just the posts that follow with "omg all leeds r scum!".

Does that mean that all Wednesday fans are scum as well!

Sadly those who do that sort of thing yes. There is absolutely no call for it. You are supposed to be there to watch the game and support your team pure and simple. Vandalising the opponents ground etc, etc is not supporting your team, it is criminal end of.

Sadly those who do that sort of thing yes. There is absolutely no call for it. You are supposed to be there to watch the game and support your team pure and simple. Vandalising the opponents ground etc, etc is not supporting your team, it is criminal end of.

I was referring more to the lumping of all fans of a club in with their nob-head element.

If people are going to call all Leeds fans scum on the basis of a small minority, then we will have to refer to all ourselves as scum as well based on the actions if our idiot fans.

Bloody hell Neil, if anything captures the whole night it's that one single photo of the little lad being hurt by his own fans in his dads arms, as a dad myself I really find that upsetting and sad.

Exactly

Got loads of shots last night of our fans enjoying the game etc but the one of the lad crying after being hit by an advertising hoarding sums the night up perfectly for me

Very sad... hope he's ok

Owlstalk Shop

The difference with Leeds and Wednesday fans....

Our idiots are in a small minority. The Leeds idiots were more than a minority last night. There were the ones in the top corner of the Lepp who kicked the advertising boards down and were throwing missiles. There were the ones behind the goal who right from the kick off refused to take their seats. They were stood in the tunnel and blocking the aisles while stewards appeared to be trying to get them to take their seats - these people had clearly come with the intent of causing bother. There were the ones in the lower tier apparently throwing missiles at Kirkland, the ones who came onto the field and the one nobber who struck Kirkland. There were all the smiling faces and cheers when he went back into the crowd in support of his pathetic small minded act. There were a bunch in the lower corner near the South Stand causing bother in the second half. Their idiot element is more than a minority, many had travelled with the intent of causing aggro.

Our supporters are quick to condemn the idiot minority. We don't try to glorify it. We don't try to find an excuse like I have seen from some Leeds supporters here and elsewhere. We would want our idiots banned not given applause and a pat on the back.

Edited by Miffed

There were the ones behind the goal who right from the kick off refused to take their seats. They were stood in the tunnel and blocking the aisles while stewards appeared to be trying to get them to take their seats - these people had clearly come with the intent of causing bother.

post-4683-0-57305400-1350731783_thumb.jp

Owlstalk Shop

"Small minority" doesn't seem to cover it with Leeds fans though, does it?

Yes. You are being blinded with the "Dirty Leeds" image that people have. It IS a minority, and in the context of Leeds fans it is a small minority.

I live in Leeds, and the overwhelming majority of Leeds fans that I know and meet are normal, decent people who don't want to be tarred with the same brush.

Our supporters are quick to condemn the idiot minority. We don't try to glorify it. We don't try to find an excuse like I have seen from some Leeds supporters here and elsewhere. We would want our idiots banned not given applause and a pat on the back.

Really? There were many people on Owlstalk who were quick to defend our own idiots away at Rochdale who ripped off the advertising boards and threw them into our own fans.

Edited by Last_Great_Hope