Hope this little fella's ok....

Get a feckin grip, have people forgot when owls fans have dished it out at elland road, if you don't want to bring your kids, DON'T. mine go and will continue to go, i see worse than that in donny at weekends, and YES they will be going to the leeds game at elland road with friends and their kids. A lot of people on here sound scared to death, for gods sake stay in at halloween! Total over reaction.

and this reaction above is exactly why this problem will never be solved, you might think its ok for your kids to watch things like this happen, many others dont.

I respect your choices and the fact you dont care because it happens everywhere thats your choice fella but me, i dont want my kids putting in positions like that when they dont have to be.

No kids should be put in any danger, i certainly don't put mine in danger, i make sure they're well away from any trouble, my point was that quite a few people are suddenly intimidated by a bunch of morons who've had too much shandy and are suddenly frightened to take the next generation to a football match. If you look for trouble you'll find it, if you don't you won't. As for not caring don't throw that accusation at me fella!

No kids should be put in any danger, i certainly don't put mine in danger, i make sure they're well away from any trouble, my point was that quite a few people are suddenly intimidated by a bunch of morons who've had too much shandy and are suddenly frightened to take the next generation to a football match. If you look for trouble you'll find it, if you don't you won't. As for not caring don't throw that accusation at me fella!

Never said you didnt care ofc any parent cares, my point was it isnt just about the trouble its about the general behaviour and when you put kids in the environments where behaviour is poor they are condtioned to accept those situations, imo they shouldnt have to accept these situations esp when you have to pay to hear the constant swearing, see the fighting and see in general bad behaviour.

My wife quite rightly said to me last season i dont want our kids to hear all the swearing at the football, i said look they are going to hear it at some point but once i had a chance to think about the situation, why should we just accept it, why should my kids have to hear it and see it? kids nowadays are living in a society where ignorance and the statements of it happens thats life means we are seeing the next generation of families not caring, thinking bad manners and trouble are the norm.

now this is the last i will say on the matter because i dont want to get too political but this problem in and out of football is causing some major problems in todays society and i dont want to contribute to it by conditioning my kids to think that this behaviour happens and just get on with life

Guest JC Saviour

Yes. You are being blinded with the "Dirty Leeds" image that people have. It IS a minority, and in the context of Leeds fans it is a small minority.

I live in Leeds, and the overwhelming majority of Leeds fans that I know and meet are normal, decent people who don't want to be tarred with the same brush.

Do I take it you see how they act at football matches. They are detested by all 4 corners of the country and no doubt abroad as well, and you lead us to believe they are the minority who are the issue. They have the reputation of being 'scum'. they have earned this reputation not by being a small elite band of vile supporters but, the majority of vile supporters who follow Leeds away from home. Just because you live and or brought up in Leeds should you defend the actions of the majority.

Do I take it you see how they act at football matches. They are detested by all 4 corners of the country and no doubt abroad as well, and you lead us to believe they are the minority who are the issue. They have the reputation of being 'scum'. they have earned this reputation not by being a small elite band of vile supporters but, the majority of vile supporters who follow Leeds away from home. Just because you live and or brought up in Leeds should you defend the actions of the majority.

Brought up in Sheffield, lived in Leeds for 6 years, but that shouldn't have an impact on my own observations.

In terms of "Majority" - using the statistics for 2010 -2011 season as they are available:

Leeds Utd - average attendance 27,299. Number of football banning orders - 149 (0.05% of average attendance)

Sheff Wed - Average attendance 17,817, Number of football banning orders - 39 (0.02% of average attendance).

SImilar figures if you ask me, and hardly "Majorities".

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/crime/football-arrests-banning-orders/fbo-2010-11?view=Binary

That would be a good statisitic above if the banning orders werent given to just the idiots who are silly enough to get caught!

If you stick to rules of banning orders several if not hundreds should be given after last night, will there be hundreds nope. Add to that the hundreds who are (i will try and word this correctly because clever isnt a word for them) tricky enough to do it out of sight and the above then doesnt really make fair reading

That would be a good statisitic above if the banning orders werent given to just the idiots who are silly enough to get caught!

If you stick to rules of banning orders several if not hundreds should be given after last night, will there be hundreds nope. Add to that the hundreds who are (i will try and word this correctly because clever isnt a word for them) tricky enough to do it out of sight and the above then doesnt really make fair reading

Ok. So if say there were a hundred who deserved banning orders last night.

Thats still 100 out of 5,000. Still not a majority.

Never said you didnt care ofc any parent cares, my point was it isnt just about the trouble its about the general behaviour and when you put kids in the environments where behaviour is poor they are condtioned to accept those situations, imo they shouldnt have to accept these situations esp when you have to pay to hear the constant swearing, see the fighting and see in general bad behaviour.

My wife quite rightly said to me last season i dont want our kids to hear all the swearing at the football, i said look they are going to hear it at some point but once i had a chance to think about the situation, why should we just accept it, why should my kids have to hear it and see it? kids nowadays are living in a society where ignorance and the statements of it happens thats life means we are seeing the next generation of families not caring, thinking bad manners and trouble are the norm.

now this is the last i will say on the matter because i dont want to get too political but this problem in and out of football is causing some major problems in todays society and i dont want to contribute to it by conditioning my kids to think that this behaviour happens and just get on with life

agree with what your saying, i explained to my kids what happened was wrong and not normal behaviour, but i also told them not be intimidated by bullies, most of them morons are probably causing trouble 7 nights a week regardless of any football situation and i don't want my children thinking aggressive behaviour wins the day, if we stay away from the return game say, then the bullies win, that's not acceptable to me and never will be.

Ok. So if say there were a hundred who deserved banning orders last night.

Thats still 100 out of 5,000. Still not a majority.

if you seriosly think that there is only 100 or less that deserve banning orders then i would love to have 5 mins living in your world. I have never used the word majority, although when thousands of fans sing vile things, from both teams and many up and down the country, these dont recieve bans, the violence outside the grounds at many games go unpunished because these guys know to do it out of sight.

Whatever words you want to use, majority or many you can't dress it up, a hell of a lot of football fans are totally classless

agree with what your saying, i explained to my kids what happened was wrong and not normal behaviour, but i also told them not be intimidated by bullies, most of them morons are probably causing trouble 7 nights a week regardless of any football situation and i don't want my children thinking aggressive behaviour wins the day, if we stay away from the return game say, then the bullies win, that's not acceptable to me and never will be.

Np and i agree they shouldnt force people away but it doesnt change, it hasnt changed in the 35 years i have watched, and nothing the authorities or clubs are doing look like changing that any time soon.

Until people start taking a stand and effecting the game ie/ take money elswhere the clubs and authorities will not do anything, just look at Warnock deflecting attention now so the club get light punishment, the only way to make people change is force it, the only way to force it is by doing something that will force them to react.

Again if i took my kids for a meal to a pub/restauraunt and people were behaving wrongly would i go back? why should treating kids to entertainment mean putting them in uncomfortable scenarios?

Guest johnowls

I don't know if anybody else saw the other smaller sign further left of the big one that was kicked off, The corner of it hit someone.

Not so sure why people are saying they are worried about taking kids. Just go sit up in the grand stand or kop and you will be further away from trouble than if you watched it on Sky in your living room. I've been going since I was 6 and I've never even come close to being involved in trouble (home or away). Just be sensible and keep an eye on how things unfold.

Just not bothered...

The police/press read the site mate - they've already seen em

I hope you are right Neil because one day these thugs will kill someone with their behaviour (could easily have been that little lad last night) and for that reason I think if any of us has photographs or video that identifies hooligans (regardless of whether they follow our own club or someone else) we should put it forward to the authorities as a matter of course, otherwise we bear some of the responsibility for having failed to act.