Hope this little fella's ok....

Hopefully the lad's alright - not a good experience for a little kid going to a footy match with his dad

this is the problem, i have a 2 year old boy and a 5 year old girl both of who i want to get in the Sheff wed community, my wife who is from Wakefield bordering right on the edge of Leeds (all of her family Leeds fans and respectable) was watching the game with me, she was already worried about crowd trouble and me taking kids to the match, now after she saw the guy run on the pitch, the trouble and the anger i have some serious work to do to make sure i can follow this through and get my kids to games!

Luckily she hasnt seen this picture yet and hopefully she will not because if she does i gues my boy willbe playing and supporting a different sport!

Sad times caused by a society that is collapsing in front of us

A quick google search brought up these.

Me + 2.

Just hope the seating is better than last season and the morons don't destroy the advertising boards.

UTO

And no ripping to advertising boards down this time!

I think the decision to sell unallocated seats was wrong but that does not excuse the fookwits who follow our club and cause uncalled for grief even to our own fans .

I was impressed with Rochdale as a club today , and the fans i met in the pubs and supporters bar were spot on .

Some of our fans today were embarrassing .

I think you have to question the parent's decision making in taking a kid to this fixture.

It was always likely to kick off

I personally made the decision NOT to take my 8 and 5 year olds to the game because it was Leeds, but also because it was a late kick off. But any parent should be able to bring their kids to the match without any concerns on safety. I thought we'd moved on from those kinds of scenes in football grounds

Think I spotted your problem right there mate...

lol

Seriously though you highlight an example with your family of the problem we're facing at the moment

Last night wasn't an isolated incident - and the hoolies are definitely on the rise again

lol, luckily she is a rare gem from the wrong place -)

But it is sad, my missus isnt a football fan she has never followed football but obv when you see issues over a period of time with trouble and racism she will of course have a view on football that isnt great, i have said for the last 2 years i can not wait to get my kids to the games and she voices her concerns and tbh i really can not blame her, she doesnt want our children putting at harms length and after some of the things i keep seeing at games and on sky sports i am starting to seriously consider other sports for the kids.

My 8 year old loved it last night. He enjoyed the game, the atmosphere, the singing. I love to see the smile on his face when we score, or the joy when hes bouncing. I'm not going to let some dirty Leeds scum spoil that for him. People need to get a grip. My lad wasnt in any danger, Hillsborough is a safe place where families can enjoy football for what it is. Granted, he saw the ugly scenes in the away end, but he was fully aware of who was causing the bother. After the game he said "it was like a football match from Victorian times where there was no referee" (In reference to the poor officials again) and "Leeds fans are all nob heads trying to spoil the game"

I had to have a quiet chat about his choice of words.................................... you cant talk like that about refs.

I personally made the decision NOT to take my 8 and 5 year olds to the game because it was Leeds, but also because it was a late kick off. But any parent should be able to bring their kids to the match without any concerns on safety. I thought we'd moved on from those kinds of scenes in football grounds

And I think you made the right decision mate.

And I think your point about being able to bring kids without worrying about their safety is also a valid point BUT when you know it is likely to be a game where there could be trouble, as was the case here, was the responsible thing to risk your kids being in the wrong place at the wrong time? In my personal opinion, you made the correct decision not to.

Is this conversation really happening? Do you really think that there are no safe areas to take your kids to a game at Hillsborough? You think that if they were on the Kop or in the Grandstand they might get hurt?

Bloody hell, the total over reaction is staggering.

Is this conversation really happening? Do you really think that there are no safe areas to take your kids to a game at Hillsborough? You think that if they were on the Kop or in the Grandstand they might get hurt?

Whilst I agree with you, the fact that it's being discussed shows that some people actually believe it's unsafe to bring kids to a football match

That's the sad thing

Owlstalk Shop

Other way to look at it - bring your missus to help you look after the kids

Serious suggestion..

Yeah the idea was to go as a family, but what do i do? pick the worst games against poor teams with no support so there isnt any trouble? tough decisions for families who care about bringing children up right.

I mean look i dont want to wrap my kids up in cotton wool i do realise that bad things happen in life and they will not be naive, but its a sorry sport!

Old story which i havent thought about for a while, i went to a match with a friend when i was 8 (fair while ago now lol) with him and his dad, my dad a wednesday fan wasnt happy but we were good mates and i wanted to go, they were Rotherham fans!

I was on there end and being a wednesday fan i walked past the programme booth in the ground and saw a Sheff Wed program and baught it! put it in my coat pocket, it was slightly stuck outof the pocket.

I went on to watch the game which Rotherham won 2v0 i think and in the second half a group of mid 30's/40's guys knocked the programme out of my pocket on to a wet stand on purpose. I looked around and saw about 10 or so huge men staring at me and 1 said f**king Wednesday w***kers, another then said thats what happens when you buy sh*t stuff like that son you need to keep coming here and stop that b*lloxks.

What do you say when your a 8 yr old kid stunned into silence by grown men doing that when your at a match because you just love FOOTBALL! i have never forgotten that day and that is very sad too, at the time i got back and my dad said thats why you dont go to games with teams you dont support, needless to say i never went to another game except ours but why shouldnt i have?

I thought for the next few years it was just Rotherham fans because of rivalry but so many clubs with so many mindless fans makes it a sad sport at the moment

I guess not wanting to your kids to see things like last night is a bad thing? our kids see enough outside of these envronments to make them see how much common decency is now dissapearing from life, i wouldnt take my kids to a 18 rated movie or a music concert where people are swearing ect so why would i pay for the pleasure of taking my kids to watch this utter madness and not just pay pay a lot?

Whilst I agree with you, the fact that it's being discussed shows that some people actually believe it's unsafe to bring kids to a football match

That's the sad thing

.....to bring kids to a SPECIFIC football match, where it was possible to pre-empt trouble. Not any old football match.

There was an increased risk at last night's fixture of finding yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Only a possibility, but certainly something you could predict as a possibility, and take action to avoid.

My point is that like with Blueblood, I believe the decision not to take your kids last night, would have been a sensible one.

I didn't have a problem taking mine to earlier (non-leeds) games for example.

The ability of some to deliberately not get the point, in order just to argue the throw, is also staggering

Get a feckin grip, have people forgot when owls fans have dished it out at elland road, if you don't want to bring your kids, DON'T. mine go and will continue to go, i see worse than that in donny at weekends, and YES they will be going to the leeds game at elland road with friends and their kids. A lot of people on here sound scared to death, for gods sake stay in at halloween! Total over reaction.