If you could change the result of one Sheffield Wednesday game...

Either the 1966 or the 1993 FA Cup Finals. I don't think the 66 final would have made much difference financially compared to what the 93 one could have done for us as previous posters have already mentioned. However after 66 our team went downhill so a win cold have given us the platform to to go the other way. Personally I blame bad luck and a key injury for the 66 loss and Chris Woods for his horrendous error for the 93 loss.

Guest pwilkysowls

What about the 91-92 season when we drew 1-1 at palace. If we had won we would have gone clear at the top of the table with 2 games left to play. The pressure would have really been on Leeds and Man U if that result had have happened. It's still one of my favourite away games ever that one. The momentum was with us, we took an incredible away following and the stand shook as we all bounced to 'tricky trev's Barmy Army '

brings tears to me eyes remember it as if it where yesterday!!

we should have taken the title that year

will we ever get as close again

if only!!

Agree with the FA Cup final in '93. The following year Arsenal won the Cup Winners Cup. This was back in the day of little live TV football but they were on every other week and became the Nation's sweethearts. At the time, their crowds were similar to ours. And look at them now.

We were easily as good as them at the time, so there is no reason to think it couldn't have been us.

I always wanted to sing Abide with me at Wembley with my fellow Wednesdayites. It always brought a lump to my throat when watching it on telly and in the dark days of the 70's it seemed I'd never get the chance. But the chance came in 93 and I loved it. If we'd have won that game (and it could have gone either way) it would mean I'd seen Wednesday lift the FA Cup, a high point in my life. We may have built on the success but, for me, the moment of seeing my team win the FA Cup would have been enough.

1993 League Cup and FA Cup Finals.

Any loss against Pigs.

The Arsenal game to stop us getting relegated from Premiership.

The Brighton and Palace games to stop us getting relegated from Championship.

Any one of them.

Edited by aeroswfc

The 1993 FA Cup final.

It was really heart-breaking the way we lost that final and I still can't watch it to this day without getting a lump in my throat.

Yep, this.

I've never seen it again. Left school early to go down for the replay, missing geography.

Longest journey home ever.

Either the 1966 or the 1993 FA Cup Finals. I don't think the 66 final would have made much difference financially compared to what the 93 one could have done for us as previous posters have already mentioned. However after 66 our team went downhill so a win cold have given us the platform to to go the other way. Personally I blame bad luck and a key injury for the 66 loss and Chris Woods for his horrendous error for the 93 loss.

1966 for me, we could have withstood the injury to Mobley in the semi-fial had Brown gone for Hickton at Centre Half rather than the untried Sam Ellis.