If you could change the result of one Sheffield Wednesday game...

historicly i suppose the the semi-final against huddersfield in 1930 when wednesday were robbed of the chance of doing the double by a dodgy ref(how good would that have looked on our cv) .in my time the defeat to man city that relegated us and started a decline that lasted 10 years .

FA cup final 1993.

I reckon if we had won that we would have gone to kick on.

Yes I've always that this was a turning point. I think the disappointment took the momentum away from the team and the decline started. We would have been a major player in the early premier era if we'd won and might have gone on to win a lot more.

Yes I've always that this was a turning point. I think the disappointment took the momentum away from the team and the decline started. We would have been a major player in the early premier era if we'd won and might have gone on to win a lot more.

not with that knobhead richards in charge we wouldnt .

Guest Retfordowl74

I'd agree with 93 cup final, could have changed our recent history... People may say palace at home that relegated us but I believe what happend in the months after has made us stronger and how would it have turned out if we beat palace and carried on struggling in the championship whilst all that off field stuff was happening.

Same for forest at home in last game of 1990 season, we wouldn't have had such an amazing season in 91 if we'd have beaten forest and stayed up.

FA cup final 1993.

I reckon if we had won that we would have gone to kick on.

Agreed. Together with The decision not to allow us into Europe afterwards despite Arsenal already qualified. And what happened to the money generated ? Two cup runs, a replay, prize money. Not petty cash

Agree with the FA Cup final in '93. The following year Arsenal won the Cup Winners Cup. This was back in the day of little live TV football but they were on every other week and became the Nation's sweethearts. At the time, their crowds were similar to ours. And look at them now.

We were easily as good as them at the time, so there is no reason to think it couldn't have been us.

The 1993 FA Cup final.

It was really heart-breaking the way we lost that final and I still can't watch it to this day without getting a lump in my throat.

The film clip before the goal always starts with that Arsxxle fan with the white hat. Our season vhs does as well. If there is one fan I want to do something rotten to it is him.....

What about the 91-92 season when we drew 1-1 at palace. If we had won we would have gone clear at the top of the table with 2 games left to play. The pressure would have really been on Leeds and Man U if that result had have happened. It's still one of my favourite away games ever that one. The momentum was with us, we took an incredible away following and the stand shook as we all bounced to 'tricky trev's Barmy Army '

The film clip before the goal always starts with that Arsxxle fan with the white hat. Our season vhs does as well. If there is one fan I want to do something rotten to it is him.....

Yes, I know exactly who you mean.

The VHS of that season was brilliant, with highlights such as the 3-3 with Man Utd at Hillsborough, the thrashing we handed to Blackburn in the League Semi first leg, the Steel City Semi, Brighty's winner against Sunderland and Warhurst. A really great video but the ending still gets me down all these years later.