Absolutely gutted

I couldnt stomach another season in league one. No way. Not a chance.

But unless we make a change now, thats where were heading.

Burton has proved amassive loss- theres no sense of direction on the touchline.

Theres dressing room unrest, the manager doesnt no his best side or formation.

We are on the most horrific run that I can remember. Referee decisions are even against us.

How long do we leave it? Seriously.

A new manager would mean a clean slate, different voice, different ideas, different training methods, and hopefully regroup-with players looking to impress.

Because They dont seem to want to play for DJ.

I dont no what they do on the training ground, because our set plays are truely Awful, cant beat the first man.

Its very worrying.

I can't believe that Milan Mandaric would let it drag so far that we have a realistic chance of dropping down into that pub league we were playing in last season.

If this run goes on a few more weeks then I can see Jones getting the boot before long... And rightfully so.

I simply can't bear the thought of another League 1 relegation battle.

Going there for the first time was hell, a second time seemed a cruel joke, but going down yet again would rip my heart out to be honest.

Why can't we just do well for a change? When did we turn into a Championship/League 1 yo-yo club? What have we done to deserve this continued tripe?

That was probably our best team today, a team that i'd have been absolutely over the moon with in June/July, yet we're losing game after game, goal after goal, and looking like relegation material.

Gutted

Just checking . Oh yes it is still early October and we have played just 10 games,we have got a strong squad and a very experienced manager .

Sleep easy tonight my friend, relegation battle, not going to happen .

We are on the most horrific run that I can remember. Referee decisions are even against us.

A new manager would mean a clean slate, different voice, different ideas, different training methods, and hopefully regroup-with players looking to impress.

I dont no what they do on the training ground, because our set plays are truely Awful, cant beat the first man.

Its very worrying.

Just wandering, how many times a season do you think we should change our manager

So what does that mean?

Close the door on your way out then!

I've suffered 3 periods in Div 3 in my lifetime already and although i agree i would struggle to stomach another, i would never abandon Wednesday.

It's waaay too early for all this hysteria though, we will be fine.

I havent missed a game in over 4 years, but going back to league one, would be 'soul destroying' I just cant motivate myself any longer to go to poo pooholes, playin infront of 5k crowds, singing 'ive got a shed'.

Its just going round in circles.

Regarding the manager-ideally you dont want to keep chopping/changing, but its a results based industry. I can bare it if the players put in a shift, and there are signs of promise, but on recent showing none has been evident.

Its very worrying.

FFS

What exactly do you disagree with?

This is it with Wednesday fans, weve been fed that much poo pooe for years, yo-yo between divisions. We accept mediocrity as success, and now even relegation battles with no win in 8, and 7 losses in that run as OK.

If you take of the rose tinted specs for a second, there is something drastically wrong, we have players fighting amongst themselves, players being fetched in and not even making the squad (Maguire an eg), or players who arent good enough (Taylor, Mattock, Pecnik), but alot just bury their head in the sands, and keep clapping.

The football today was god damn awful, I could see a Hull goal was coming, but DJ didnt change the system-just like for like changes COG/Madine. Its not good enough.

We need a shot in the arm, to arrest the slide.

It remains the case that in this league we have been managed by all this lot:

Jewell

Shreeves

Yorath

Turner

Sturrock

Laws

Irvine

Jones

Only Laws of the above has ever managed us to be anything other than a bottom 4 or 5 side in this league.

Its a tough league this - we've been relegation candidates or gone down in all but 2 of our seasons in it since 2000.

Today has really hurt because I just can't see how we change it and because (for family reasons) I am sick of losing to hull flipping city!

I never dreamed we would be in this position and I don't think anyone else did, which is why people are reacting the way they are!

I just hope we can bump these threads in 3 months time when we are in the top half!

What I dont get is we have everything set up- Stadium, Fanbase, facilities, chairman, secure (ish) financially, fantastic history.

Shouldnt we be within our right to expect better than were being served up?

Soton, Norwich went straight through the divisions with the momentum they built up, and team spirit etc, we havent got that, its been dismantled.

We have a very competative budget, but the signings that have been made have made us worse, theres only one man who can take the blame for that.

Im very worried, because the style of play has changed, the players have no belief or cohesian, and looking at our next 3 games (Leeds, then 2 away games) how many points can you see? 2 at best.

Guest bearowl

Why does nobody understand it takes time for a team to gel. At points in first half we looked quality. Came out second and it was gone. Its gonna click. Hull were very beatable so gutted but results are coming. Also Ref was dog doo. Def over line and almost def pen.

by no one I mean moaners

TBH it's about time we stopped listening to our own "MASSIVE" hype from last season oh and after 2 games this season we were going to wee wee the league.....a few weeks on and we need to sack the manager all the players etc etc. Yes it wasnt the greatest display today but we were never out of the game one bit,a mistake cost us the goal and some of the refs decisions were questionable.

After all the bullocks people have been spouting over the last few weeks I can understand why DJ played the way he did today as a clean sheet would have done wonders for the teams confidence.

This season was always going to be tough and anyone that thinks different is deluded.Look at the example in another post about Norwich and Southampton they had the one thing we dont....a 20+ goals a season striker,and the core of the team that got them up there in the first place ..something we haven't...we've a brand new side.oh btw who is it that just above us....the "power house" that is Birmingham..early days our time will come

It remains the case that in this league we have been managed by all this lot:

Jewell

Shreeves

Yorath

Turner

Sturrock

Laws

Irvine

Jones

Only Laws of the above has ever managed us to be anything other than a bottom 4 or 5 side in this league.

Its a tough league this - we've been relegation candidates or gone down in all but 2 of our seasons in it since 2000.

Fair enough, but Jones has better resources than the previous group. The old board let the club stagnate and all the manager could do was keep our heads above water.

Now, when you look at this club and the potential it has, it shouldnt be beyond the realms of possibility for us to expect to be able to compete at this level. Im not talking "HMS Pisstheleague" here.

Edited by Bluesteel