Enough is enough

If there was ever a place to vent your frustrations about anything Wednesday related, its Owlstalk.

Anyone saying differently needs their head checking- Owlstalk is an Internet Message board, not real life. Take everything on here with a pinch of salt, and if you were to tone down everyones posts by 50%, you would get close to peoples actual views and feelings about things.

anybody who's played sport and been on the bench knows the frustration that madine would be feeling...

so him kicking a bottle or advertising board for me just shows he wanted to be out there in the mix of it all...

it's a very, very fine line when it comes to abuse of your own players, especially one that's only just arrived...

we have an element amongst our support, and on here that ARE CERTAIN that bywater should replace kirkland, and will criticise and blame kirkland for everything that happens in our half of the field...

as for taylor, as i've posted previous, i'm not sure he isn't too similar a type of player gardener is...

BUT anyway he doesn't need hounding and abusing...

it's only 2 weeks ago bothroyd was booed off , now fitter, and playing a different role, in a different set up, he's fitting in...

if result's permit, DJ should have time to get his best side together, and then hopefully we see better results...

BUT booing taylor, whilst doing his confidence no good, will also likely undermine his defensive partner, the defence, and whole team...

do you not think other players are thinking they're onto taylor for now, but when they've hounded him out...

IS IT ME NEXT???...if our players become scared to play at, or near home, it will be a long season...

I agree with you mate.On the taylor issue i think he is terrible from what i've seen.But i'd never boo him. It's up to DJ to pick the team, if he picks Taylor and he's crapit's not Taylors fault. The fact that he's made him captain means he is very unlikely to drophim and he will dig his heels in. Gardner and Beevers for me

this

the crap run weve been on has been blamed on the fans more than the players or manager

Agree.And who started that i wonder?It's pathetic. So Hillsborough is a vile place to play cos a few fans vent there frustrations.Absolute tosh.Maybe crowd photos of unhappy looking fans is the way forward..flippingshame the b@stards..

There are people who come on this forum with thesole intention of causing trouble by starting or contributing to threads. These posters know full well that they will get a bite and will continue to fuel the debates by posting absolute gonads. There are alot of intellectual , witty posters on here but it seems to me that there are alot of people just intent on ruining this forum

Edited by jimbob 13

This thread does show that we are not all negative 'thinking' morons on here.

Just hope people like Gary realise there will be differing opinion wherever you go and not to generalise having seen the uncontructive criticisms or abuse that abound from time to time.

I just hope that Gary and others resist the urge to get involved with negative fans on social media as it never comes to any good and that he or anyone get the chance to show what they can do and how they feel on the pitch.

UTO

Guest dave jones n.1

i think the negativity comes from the team being dismantled, and then new players been brought in who upto now seem far worse than the ones who won us promotion, but your right we should try our best to get behind them and help them to play to their potential, not abuse them and hound them out of our club, boooing will not help,...so frustrating watching the owls at the minute, but bring on hull you never know we might win, (clean sheet)?

So I'm reasonably new to Owlstalk, I'm not a regular attendee at games due to living in London. You could argue I have no right to put in my two pence worth when it comes to the performances of players when I can only base said opinion on what I hear on Wednesday Player or read on the Internet.

Owlstalk is a great way of communicating with fellow Wednesdayites, or receiving a world of abuse when you announce your return from Menorca, and generally having a good old fashioned debate on the issues that matter at our club.

However, I, like many I'm sure, are ashamed that we have our own players being ridiculed online, and abused on the terraces. Too many people are quick to jump on the bandwagon of one person's opinion when they post stupid threads like the one about sending a player out on loan because he's currently sitting on the bench getting frustrated - so ridiculous that it led to the player himself commenting on the stupidity of some on this site. This, of course is only one example of many but it's a good one as it's provoked a reaction from Madine himself.

I understand many of you spend hundreds/thousands of pounds following our team up and down the country every season and you're entitled to your opinion on the team and players but booing and criticising our own does no good whatsoever. Regardless of what you think of any individual they are still representing Sheffield Wednesday, YOUR TEAM........OUR TEAM! Get behind the boys, don't boo!

In May, nearly 40,000 Wednesday fans together as one roared our beloved Owls to promotion. There was harmony amongst us and positive threads online. There was a feel good factor about the place and at this point I decided to sign up to Owlstalk and join in the fun. Up to then I was just a reader. Right now, I can't even be bothered to get involved with some of the debates on here because they're so counter productive and give out negative opinions, even more soul destroying now we know for sure Players read this Forum.

Well we know how Gary Madine feels, "soul destroying" was the term he used. I wonder how Martin Taylor feels when fans chant 'go back to Watford' to him. Sure, his performances might be poor and the criticism may be justified in that sense. However I've seen comments about his striking resemblance from afar to one Darren Purse and of course the comparisons or similarities in this case begin. Where will this one end? Madness!

I'm afraid I can't pick out individuals on here but I'm sure I'm pleading to the minority when I say get behind the lads, support the team and let's build on the game in midweek. Stop the negativity and let's move forward as one and support our boys. Let's be honest, we've been in worse positions and had worse players in the time since we left the Premiership. I for one am thankful we are in the Championship at all, 22 months ago, we were close to a winding up order that could have changed things forever; just be thankful we have a club at all.

Absolutely this.

At Burnley, it was shameful how Taylor was targetted, just as it was when Bothroyd was victimised. If these boo boys are in the minority then perhaps it's time that the majority made their feelings known when the boos and abuse starts at a match - or are we happy just to sit back and condone their actions by not taking action. Rather than booing, just don't clap at full time if you've not been happy with the performance - the players and manager will get the message all the same.

These forums are to debate and offer opinions but to be so publicly abusive at one of our own just beggars belief - I don't care how much a fan spends on supporting their team. Constructive criticism and debate, please. Leave your abuse of individuals to private conversations.

How a player can find it in themselves to be loyal to a fanbase when this abuse happens is beyond me. I just hope that they can see the bigger picture and that it's just the minority.

Soul destroying? Indeed, that's what some of our fans make me feel.

Edited by Wednesdayite

It's about time the Mods starting deleting all negative posts, particularly ones criticising the players or Manager.

There are far too many, and it's spoiling the happy feelings for the rest of us.

I don't agree with the negative people (most of the time) but once you start deleting negative posts, where's the line? Where does it end?

Just either slate them or ignore them IMO

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

So I'm reasonably new to Owlstalk, I'm not a regular attendee at games due to living in London. You could argue I have no right to put in my two pence worth when it comes to the performances of players when I can only base said opinion on what I hear on Wednesday Player or read on the Internet.

Owlstalk is a great way of communicating with fellow Wednesdayites, or receiving a world of abuse when you announce your return from Menorca, and generally having a good old fashioned debate on the issues that matter at our club.

However, I, like many I'm sure, are ashamed that we have our own players being ridiculed online, and abused on the terraces. Too many people are quick to jump on the bandwagon of one person's opinion when they post stupid threads like the one about sending a player out on loan because he's currently sitting on the bench getting frustrated - so ridiculous that it led to the player himself commenting on the stupidity of some on this site. This, of course is only one example of many but it's a good one as it's provoked a reaction from Madine himself.

I understand many of you spend hundreds/thousands of pounds following our team up and down the country every season and you're entitled to your opinion on the team and players but booing and criticising our own does no good whatsoever. Regardless of what you think of any individual they are still representing Sheffield Wednesday, YOUR TEAM........OUR TEAM! Get behind the boys, don't boo!

In May, nearly 40,000 Wednesday fans together as one roared our beloved Owls to promotion. There was harmony amongst us and positive threads online. There was a feel good factor about the place and at this point I decided to sign up to Owlstalk and join in the fun. Up to then I was just a reader. Right now, I can't even be bothered to get involved with some of the debates on here because they're so counter productive and give out negative opinions, even more soul destroying now we know for sure Players read this Forum.

Well we know how Gary Madine feels, "soul destroying" was the term he used. I wonder how Martin Taylor feels when fans chant 'go back to Watford' to him. Sure, his performances might be poor and the criticism may be justified in that sense. However I've seen comments about his striking resemblance from afar to one Darren Purse and of course the comparisons or similarities in this case begin. Where will this one end? Madness!

I'm afraid I can't pick out individuals on here but I'm sure I'm pleading to the minority when I say get behind the lads, support the team and let's build on the game in midweek. Stop the negativity and let's move forward as one and support our boys. Let's be honest, we've been in worse positions and had worse players in the time since we left the Premiership. I for one am thankful we are in the Championship at all, 22 months ago, we were close to a winding up order that could have changed things forever; just be thankful we have a club at all.

If posts like this are labelled as happy clapping then I'm happy to clap. Boo-tiful work!

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Good op.

The fans have a huge part to play and they always have. But booing in my opinion only makes it more difficult for us all.

Criticism after the game and on here is fair enough though, for managers and players provided its not over the top and is actually justified. Its not as if the players and manager haven't deserved any recently, its been terrible.

Times have changed....its all part of the want it all now culture...in the 70's we'd have groaned and moaned a bit had a chunter then just probably laughed at players between ourselves!!!.....oh and lobbed cushions onto the pitch....oh and stamped our feet bloomin hard on the wooden floors....that would show 'em!!! :biggrin: Dont mind the critisim on here at all....it can be taken with a pinch of salt....its obvious who the culprits are who post absolute garbage...continuous booing of a 'scapegoat' at the match helps no on in the long run at all !!!

I don't agree with the negative people (most of the time) but once you start deleting negative posts, where's the line? Where does it end?

:biggrin:

Agree entirely.

Mr Farrell is a reight Nobber...!

:rolleyes:

Guest intercity0wl

Good post, but it will fall on deaf ears mate.

Its not the ears thats the problem, its the half wits they are attached to.

Guest intercity0wl

We could take a tip from these grand bunch of lads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZnUlEJFPjs

Havent oneo r two of our fans tried to get a bit of an atmosphere going, but get slagged off for it, would be good to have such passionate support as these or many other European clubs, trouble is, that many think our support is already the the top, in terms of supporting the team, when clearly many are anything but..

Edited by intercity0wl