Enough is enough

Guest Big Guns

Don't forget it was the proper fans who go to all the games Booing Taylor at burnley not us part timers who go to most home games and only a few away

Shame on you proper fans...

Guest Bedders

Don't forget it was the proper fans who go to all the games Booing Taylor at burnley not us part timers who go to most home games and only a few away

Very valid point BG. I blame the proper fans too!!!!

Guest We Shall Overcome

Absolutely this.

At Burnley, it was shameful how Taylor was targetted, just as it was when Bothroyd was victimised. If these boo boys are in the minority then perhaps it's time that the majority made their feelings known when the boos and abuse starts at a match - or are we happy just to sit back and condone their actions by not taking action. Rather than booing, just don't clap at full time if you've not been happy with the performance - the players and manager will get the message all the same.

These forums are to debate and offer opinions but to be so publicly abusive at one of our own just beggars belief - I don't care how much a fan spends on supporting their team. Constructive criticism and debate, please. Leave your abuse of individuals to private conversations.

How a player can find it in themselves to be loyal to a fanbase when this abuse happens is beyond me. I just hope that they can see the bigger picture and that it's just the minority.

Soul destroying? Indeed, that's what some of our fans make me feel.

Listen Doris, stop going over the top these players are all grown up, so should be able to put up with some Booing Fack me the money there on.Bob Dylan got booed in 1966 he didn't give a Fack he just went on to change popular music, our players should go out and get us Promotion.

Absolutely this.

At Burnley, it was shameful how Taylor was targetted, just as it was when Bothroyd was victimised. If these boo boys are in the minority then perhaps it's time that the majority made their feelings known when the boos and abuse starts at a match - or are we happy just to sit back and condone their actions by not taking action. Rather than booing, just don't clap at full time if you've not been happy with the performance - the players and manager will get the message all the same.

These forums are to debate and offer opinions but to be so publicly abusive at one of our own just beggars belief - I don't care how much a fan spends on supporting their team. Constructive criticism and debate, please. Leave your abuse of individuals to private conversations.

How a player can find it in themselves to be loyal to a fanbase when this abuse happens is beyond me. I just hope that they can see the bigger picture and that it's just the minority.

Soul destroying? Indeed, that's what some of our fans make me feel.

What sort of action are you suggesting? Should we boo the booers or challenge them to a fist fight?

I think this is a very salient point BG that pops a question to the true fans that are able to go to ALL the matches unless there is some sort of derren brown type mind meld going on the players wont hear when people booo on here - but strangely the only boos that are heard by the players are by said true fans

I often boo the ref and anyone remotely connected to the pigs, I wont however ever boo a Wednesday player. Unlike the fans who go to all the matches some of whom do. I am tho prone to booing via my keyboard when I see pig headed managerial decisions -shocking

So I'm reasonably new to Owlstalk, I'm not a regular attendee at games due to living in London. You could argue I have no right to put in my two pence worth when it comes to the performances of players when I can only base said opinion on what I hear on Wednesday Player or read on the Internet.

Owlstalk is a great way of communicating with fellow Wednesdayites, or receiving a world of abuse when you announce your return from Menorca, and generally having a good old fashioned debate on the issues that matter at our club.

However, I, like many I'm sure, are ashamed that we have our own players being ridiculed online, and abused on the terraces. Too many people are quick to jump on the bandwagon of one person's opinion when they post stupid threads like the one about sending a player out on loan because he's currently sitting on the bench getting frustrated - so ridiculous that it led to the player himself commenting on the stupidity of some on this site. This, of course is only one example of many but it's a good one as it's provoked a reaction from Madine himself.

I understand many of you spend hundreds/thousands of pounds following our team up and down the country every season and you're entitled to your opinion on the team and players but booing and criticising our own does no good whatsoever. Regardless of what you think of any individual they are still representing Sheffield Wednesday, YOUR TEAM........OUR TEAM! Get behind the boys, don't boo!

In May, nearly 40,000 Wednesday fans together as one roared our beloved Owls to promotion. There was harmony amongst us and positive threads online. There was a feel good factor about the place and at this point I decided to sign up to Owlstalk and join in the fun. Up to then I was just a reader. Right now, I can't even be bothered to get involved with some of the debates on here because they're so counter productive and give out negative opinions, even more soul destroying now we know for sure Players read this Forum.

Well we know how Gary Madine feels, "soul destroying" was the term he used. I wonder how Martin Taylor feels when fans chant 'go back to Watford' to him. Sure, his performances might be poor and the criticism may be justified in that sense. However I've seen comments about his striking resemblance from afar to one Darren Purse and of course the comparisons or similarities in this case begin. Where will this one end? Madness!

I'm afraid I can't pick out individuals on here but I'm sure I'm pleading to the minority when I say get behind the lads, support the team and let's build on the game in midweek. Stop the negativity and let's move forward as one and support our boys. Let's be honest, we've been in worse positions and had worse players in the time since we left the Premiership. I for one am thankful we are in the Championship at all, 22 months ago, we were close to a winding up order that could have changed things forever; just be thankful we have a club at all.

So I'm reasonably new to Owlstalk, I'm not a regular attendee at games due to living in London. You could argue I have no right to put in my two pence worth when it comes to the performances of players when I can only base said opinion on what I hear on Wednesday Player or read on the Internet.

Owlstalk is a great way of communicating with fellow Wednesdayites, or receiving a world of abuse when you announce your return from Menorca, and generally having a good old fashioned debate on the issues that matter at our club.

However, I, like many I'm sure, are ashamed that we have our own players being ridiculed online, and abused on the terraces. Too many people are quick to jump on the bandwagon of one person's opinion when they post stupid threads like the one about sending a player out on loan because he's currently sitting on the bench getting frustrated - so ridiculous that it led to the player himself commenting on the stupidity of some on this site. This, of course is only one example of many but it's a good one as it's provoked a reaction from Madine himself.

I understand many of you spend hundreds/thousands of pounds following our team up and down the country every season and you're entitled to your opinion on the team and players but booing and criticising our own does no good whatsoever. Regardless of what you think of any individual they are still representing Sheffield Wednesday, YOUR TEAM........OUR TEAM! Get behind the boys, don't boo!

In May, nearly 40,000 Wednesday fans together as one roared our beloved Owls to promotion. There was harmony amongst us and positive threads online. There was a feel good factor about the place and at this point I decided to sign up to Owlstalk and join in the fun. Up to then I was just a reader. Right now, I can't even be bothered to get involved with some of the debates on here because they're so counter productive and give out negative opinions, even more soul destroying now we know for sure Players read this Forum.

Well we know how Gary Madine feels, "soul destroying" was the term he used. I wonder how Martin Taylor feels when fans chant 'go back to Watford' to him. Sure, his performances might be poor and the criticism may be justified in that sense. However I've seen comments about his striking resemblance from afar to one Darren Purse and of course the comparisons or similarities in this case begin. Where will this one end? Madness!

I'm afraid I can't pick out individuals on here but I'm sure I'm pleading to the minority when I say get behind the lads, support the team and let's build on the game in midweek. Stop the negativity and let's move forward as one and support our boys. Let's be honest, we've been in worse positions and had worse players in the time since we left the Premiership. I for one am thankful we are in the Championship at all, 22 months ago, we were close to a winding up order that could have changed things forever; just be thankful we have a club at all.

You are so correct in everything you say Martin, and it is good to see someone taking the trouble to voice such positive comments. It will however not stop the idiots who continue to claim space on here, in the main, just to have the post up in print without any thought to the damage it can make acting

like a blunt or a dingle. I hope the players are aware that all clubs have these people and they do not represent the majority of loyal fans.

You are so correct in everything you say Martin, and it is good to see someone taking the trouble to voice such positive comments. It will however not stop the idiots who continue to claim space on here, in the main, just to have the post up in print without any thought to the damage it can make acting

like a blunt or a dingle. I hope the players are aware that all clubs have these people and they do not represent the majority of loyal fans.

Thank you Madfan. I'm not naive or silly enough to think anything I've said will make a difference but like anything it's sometimes good to let out some anger or frustration