Get Jay Bothroyd out of our club

Guest Wade owl

He looked unfit but had some good touches. To be fair he got zero service and got in good positions but the cross never came. I didn't like how long he took to get off the pitch when he was subbed or the way he marched straight down the tunnel but il give him another chance. As for all those cheering for COG when he came on - I bet they cheered just as much when Jones dropped him for Lowe. Anyway Madine and Rodri up front for me

He looked unfit but had some good touches. To be fair he got zero service and got in good positions but the cross never came. I didn't like how long he took to get off the pitch when he was subbed or the way he marched straight down the tunnel but il give him another chance. As for all those cheering for COG when he came on - I bet they cheered just as much when Jones dropped him for Lowe. Anyway Madine and Rodri up front for me

there were a lot of fans who slated COG as not being good enough..." tries hard but has no technique seemed to be the consensus "

I'm pretty sure someone's on a wind up. But in defence of Bothroyd's twitter outburst. Lets get it right, he didn't say the whole fanbase was thick, he was talking about the ones that were giving him dogs abuse. Surely the man has the right to respond. Or are we really living in a world where fans think they can say what they want and then go crying about it when the big bad footballer has a go back.

As for Bothroyd the player. He's obviously got the talent, but just needs to show a bit more quality and willing. I like Lowe as much as the next man, but for anyone to say he's better than Bothroyd is laughable

Edited by Blueblood

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I just get the impression he doesn't want to be here. IMO he does not seem to have the heart in playing for us. I don't think its any thing personal just he wants to be playing down south and in the prem. Again just my opinion.

This impression has been formed by a section of our fans who have labelled him a pre-madonna, a know gooder who is to blame for upsetting the flow of our team. Don't buy into this as it's all a load of crap based on little or no evidence. Make your own mind up based on what you see from the lad don't buy into others opinions, especially when they have no foundation in this situation.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Ecclesall owl,would love to get out of our club,but after ten years and season ticket holder the love for the owls is at its strongest,blue blood,iv never seen a bigger waste of space at hillsbrough that this cocky t wat,he will get forced out,mark my word,you'll see!!

What footballer isn't cocky?..all sportspeople have an air of arrogance about them, or aura, however you want to frame it.

Not sure where all this hatred has come from for Bothroyd. All I can see is that he wants to play football with us and is trying his best despite not being fully fit.

When Bothroyd was at Cardiff , he was always on the floor , falling over, prima donna like, was a bit like that on Saturday. Also just to let you know , when DJ had the bullet at Cardiff, they were really glad to see him go, he could not get them over the line to the promised land, I do know live here, and they were glad to see him go.

Reading this thread makes me think Jay Bothroyed was correct calling some of our fans thick.

The worrying thing is Brad that these very fans actually think that there opinions are well informed and correct.Therefore, I would argue Bothroyd was wrong about them being thick- 'deluded' would be a better describing word.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump