Mattock

Guest totemowl

Beevers shouldn't be playing at left back ..... or even centre back come to think of it. Another who couldn't get in our League 1 side last season.

Look all, I know its not Mattocks fault he is playing out of position but FFS he could at least show SOME ability and knowledge of the game.

Come back Buxton please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Reda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were there tonight were you, or are you just going off what RS have said.

Has Mattock got some sort of bond with MM cos apparently when he left Leicester to join WBA he handed his transfer request to MM instead of the manager. Could explain why he's playing ( in any position).

Lee Strafford "suggested" that Mattock is a Mandaric signing and that DJ is happy to let MM sign players etc whereas Irvine and Megson weren't.

Guest ™Goody™

hes a professional footballer getting paid a hell of a lot of money. If he is told to play up front he should play upfront - Good players should adapt to positions!

Guest Johno owl

hes a professional footballer getting paid a hell of a lot of money. If he is told to play up front he should play upfront - Good players should adapt to positions!

So that means hes going to be good upfront ? no it doesnt hes going to play best in the position hes played years in !

tonights 1st goal against us was typical of the goals we concede in so much as we always give the opposition time to control the ball and turn instead of getting a strong challenge in early, second goal was never a penalty, Mattock stumbled and brought the man down well outside the box, would not have been given at the other end.

There's no big picture where Mattock is concerned. West Brom fan who has seen him play all his career doesn't know how he made it as a Pro. Waste of space, time & money. I pay my way for SWFC I am entitled to say this. Don't give a poo poo at the moment who agrees or not.

Why did West Brom Manager, who's played professional football all of his life, pay big money for Mattock? Why did West Brom scout, who's most probably an ex pro, and paid good money to find players for the club, recommend Mattock to them?

Why was he representing England at Under 21 level at 17 years old? Is this west Brom fan you know, also a Leicester fan, as he's seen Mattock play all of his career?

Did you pay your money to Southampton last night? If you did, you stil only seen Mattock play three games, and you can't base an opinion on anybody, on three games where that player is played out of position, and when he's hardly featured at all this season.

Reality check needed.

I dont care who you are talking, whether its Mattock or Messi, a professional footballer should be able to put in a reasoanble performance wherever they are asked to play...JJ & Antonio never get question when ey play on their supposed 'weaker' side.

The top and bottom of it is Mattock has played 3 games....1 sending off and conceded 1 penalty.......Any good??

I dont buy into the out of position rubbish. Professional footballers get paid agreat deal of money so i would expect them to be able to play a pass or clear their lines with either foot!!

Why are people expecting players to be able to play any position on the pitch? This firstly gives no understanding to the differences to different positions and the current skills and mental attitudes they can bring, let alone no understanding to how a player who's been trained to play in one position for years and years may take time to get used to anywhere else on the pitch.

If you need it in your own language,the fire up football manager, try a few players or of position, try retaining them for new positions... it's nothing like that, but you'll probably understand.

Let the lad play in his natural position, thenmaybe comment.

As for his poor performances at RB, what do you moaners expect the lad to do?

His boss asks him to play and he goes and does his best.

Maybe it ain't good enough, but wtf do you expect him to do...?

Feel sorry for Mattock as he is playing out of position and that's not his fault. However he can't play right back the facts don't lie. In the 2 games I have seen him he got sent off after being murdered and has given away a penalty he also looks like he could trim up a bit. I don't want to write him off though cause at left back he could be really good but there is no way he can play right back ahead of Lee who I thought had a really good game against Bolton. Need to see more of him but that performance was better than Mattock's.