Mattock

Give the chap a break!!!! He a natural left footer playing at right back which won't be easygoing,

He needs time to settle into the club and our ways, it doesn't help him playing him out of position/ in and out of the side, and in an untried back 4. Lets get behind this lad instead of hanging him out to dry already!!!!!!!

Well said, i just hope the lad has the mental toughness to recover from his bad start (certainly hasnt been done any favours by Jones).

Time for him to come good yet in his natural position.

As a show of how Dave Jones has decimated the solidity of squad Megson built, Otsemobor would walk into our team at rightback currently as the best backup to Buxton. Julian Bennett could probably out perform Beevers at leftback too.

Maybe in League One but not in the Championship. We picked up Otsemobor and Bennett from Championship clubs when we were in League One because they couldn't get a game for their teams at the time which says a lot.

Its the guys body language that gets me. Basically like he can not even be arsed to run for the ball.

FFS the wee pipe fell over his own feet against Huddersfield. Bring back JOC, he is magnificent compared to this idiot.

Don't think he can run. Dave Jones must have scouted him and Chris Maguire at a food eating competition.

Yep we all do but its players like this was compound problems for managers. His body language is awful. Wish we could give him to Brighton right now.

Good good a debate. Takes the flack off other players for an hour or two. Or maybe whilst we are at it, shall we talk about everyone's favourite rogering hero..... Chris O Grady ???? The prolific marksman up front who has scored less goals than a makeshift left back who has played less games than him. rogering deluded some of us on here!

As long as we've got so called fans who wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit them on the arse...we'll have problems being objective about ANYONE who plays for us...you cannot make the step up to a higher division without having a period of aclimatisation..anyone who does not understand this knows NOTHING about football...DAVEYBOY66

As long as we've got so called fans who wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit them on the arse...we'll have problems being objective about ANYONE who plays for us...you cannot make the step up to a higher division without having a period of aclimatisation..anyone who does not understand this knows NOTHING about football...DAVEYBOY66

Confused, are you actually saying Mattock is a footballer? Mattock hasn't made a STEP UP he has played Championship most of his career.

Joe Mattock is a quality championship left back.

It will be nice to see him play there one day.

Im left footed and i once got played at right back because of injuries, i f'kin hated it.

Tackling on the wrong side and trying to clear or pass down the line with my wrong foot.

I did score though by cutting in and unleashing a screamer.

Maybe in League One but not in the Championship. We picked up Otsemobor and Bennett from Championship clubs when we were in League One because they couldn't get a game for their teams at the time which says a lot.

Nothing to do with the league. Otsemobor would be better at rightback for us NOW than Mattock and Bennett couldn't have done any worse than Beevers at leftback.

Imagine trying to play Beevers at RB..

It's probably gonna have the same effect..

Beevers shouldn't be playing at left back ..... or even centre back come to think of it. Another who couldn't get in our League 1 side last season.

Look all, I know its not Mattocks fault he is playing out of position but FFS he could at least show SOME ability and knowledge of the game.

Come back Buxton please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Reda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Mattock is a quality championship left back.

It will be nice to see him play there one day.

Im left footed and i once got played at right back because of injuries, i f'kin hated it.

Tackling on the wrong side and trying to clear or pass down the line with my wrong foot.

I did score though by cutting in and unleashing a screamer.

You are talking to a fvckin moron mate...don't waste your time

Guest Sheff Owl

Beevers shouldn't be playing at left back ..... or even centre back come to think of it. Another who couldn't get in our League 1 side last season.

Look all, I know its not Mattocks fault he is playing out of position but FFS he could at least show SOME ability and knowledge of the game.

Come back Buxton please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Reda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a huge fan of Beevers but this is not about if he should be in the team or not it's about imagining him being at RB, he hasn't got a right foot, neither has Mattock = mega flipping disaster.

When Mattock was sent off Vs Huddersfield he was a complete idiot and deserved to go, maybe there was some slight frustration at not being give a shot at LB, i don't know.

I'm not a huge fan of Beevers but this is not about if he should be in the team or not it's about imagining him being at RB, he hasn't got a right foot, neither has Mattock = mega flipping disaster.

When Mattock was sent off Vs Huddersfield he was a complete idiot and deserved to go, maybe there was some slight frustration at not being give a shot at LB, i don't know.

I don't want to imagine him playing at RB, then we would know the ship has sank!

WTF is it with Fullbacks being constatntly injured or suspended?

Lee? Reda? Buxton? Mattock.

Despite having a big sqaud this season we are having some poo luck with injuries.

True mate, but when your struggling like we are you dont seem to have that bit of luck.

For us to have a good season we need as few injuries as possible (obvious but true).