Mattock

Has Mattock got some sort of bond with MM cos apparently when he left Leicester to join WBA he handed his transfer request to MM instead of the manager. Could explain why he's playing ( in any position).

We approached them for him. Hence the newspaper interview that ended starting that fight in a nightclub. I'm not his greatest fan because he is limited to playing as a Left Back. In his defence he got us to the premier league in that position

Why is it JJ can cover at right back but Mattock is a complete donkey as right back?

I think you will find that JJ is right footed & as such is playing out of position on the left wing really......hence his liking for cutting in & letting rip with his right foot.

Right back would be more at home to him being right footed?

He's a severely limited full back in my opinion. He really isn't any better on the left. I saw the defending last night for the second goal and it quite simply, comical. Reminiscent of what Danny Haynes did to him a few years back when we faced Bristol City. His positioning is woeful, he has a severe lack of pace which makes him completely vulnerable to any winger which posses an ounce of pace and his tackling is usually all at see two. I've seen Mattock have one good game in the so many he played for us and that was against Leicester where he was very rarely troubled. It soon became apparent to sides that he was our weakness and that's why he was out the side and still never started a game for us since in the league. Both championship and Premier league.

I know he's being played out of position, but that shouldn't be used as a major excuse. The bottom line is he is an incredibly average full back and had promising signs many years ago but has failed to build upon them & I can't see him doing that at Wednesday either.

1 in 9 people are left handed/footed.

That means there is often a shortage of left footers, and a right footer has to cover at left back/left wing.

The other way around, where a left footer has to cover at right back, is very rare.

I think the last Wednesday player to do it was Peter Gilbert at Blackpool.

He was sent off too.

I'm left footed but right handed...where would I play? Oh not to worry...I won't get a game....

He's a severely limited full back in my opinion. He really isn't any better on the left. I saw the defending last night for the second goal and it quite simply, comical. Reminiscent of what Danny Haynes did to him a few years back when we faced Bristol City. His positioning is woeful, he has a severe lack of pace which makes him completely vulnerable to any winger which posses an ounce of pace and his tackling is usually all at see two. I've seen Mattock have one good game in the so many he played for us and that was against Leicester where he was very rarely troubled. It soon became apparent to sides that he was our weakness and that's why he was out the side and still never started a game for us since in the league. Both championship and Premier league.

I know he's being played out of position, but that shouldn't be used as a major excuse. The bottom line is he is an incredibly average full back and had promising signs many years ago but has failed to build upon them & I can't see him doing that at Wednesday either.

who replaced hin 2010 before Shorey came in Liam? Can't for the life of me remember

Edited by Guest

sometimes i do think that a professional footballer should be able to cope in a number of positions - if a full back is asked to play on the other wing, then he should be comfortable doing it

Buxton is able to mix it up along the back line

Reda has had some success at left back

Mattock in reality should be able to slot in at right back well

i'm getting a bit bored of seeing the excuses "its not his fault the manager is playing him out of position" or "he's a left back, not a right back" therefore he can't play anywhere else

Guest JC Saviour

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Worse than JOC ever was.

End of.

A bit strong but I totally agree. Him and Taylor in the same side = flipping disaster.