Worst Wednesday goalkeeper you've ever seen.

This is the one for me.

How could an England international goalkeeper scare me as much as he did just about every when he came out to challenge a reasonable cross?

Chris Woods' nickname at the the club was The Cat, because whenever the ball came anywhere near our area the defenders had kittens.

Edited by Wolfmanjack

Tidman - how was he ever considered a GK?

Remeber the Blackpool game. I'm sure he got injured just out of embarresment.

Brad Jones was horrendous too. He just looked crap without even being on the field though.

Didnt think Stringer was that bad personally. Seemed to be a bit of a fans favourite.

Never remember Heald been that bad. Had an epic performance against the blunts.

I think it probably is. He was shocking for ages, and it all turned in a home game against Rotherham. Bolder was another, who our very fair and supportive fans used to boo when the team was read out. In a home game against Rotherham he was having his usal stinker, and got booked by the ref for charging out of his area and flattening their striker. That one incident for some reason galvanised the crowd behind Bolder, who just seemed to up his game from that moment, and went on to become probably the best Wednesday keeper I've seen, other than Ron Springett who was simply brilliant.

Didn't the ball hit a divot in one game against Rotherham that sent him the wrong way to collect an easy ball. Bolder suffered a bit in the early days because Big Jack preferred him to Chris Turner on the basis that when it came to goalies a good big 'un was better than a good little 'un. Should have stayed with us and become a legend instead of going to Liverpool.

I think there was a game against Blackburn when he got the blame for all 3 goals and got roundly booed. We got promoted that season and he was one of the key players.

I used to go and watch them training, not all the time, but a fair bit.

Big Jack saw something in Bobby.

For hours, Big Jack used to have Roger Wylde taking an outswinging corner with his right foot, aiming inbetween the penalty spot and six yard box.

He had one defender (Can't think who it was) and an attacker, Andy Mac.

He made RW take the corners and Andy Mac had to attack the ball and yelled at Bolder to come and collect it.

He used to yell at him: if you can't get to the ball knock them both out of the way.

Big Jack made him into a decent keeper.

Guest tha_knows

Andy Booth vs Liverpool on last day of season

Pressman went off with thigh injury

Matt Clarke came on and then handled outside of box

Andy Booth went in net and I think Jamie Redknapp scored with the resulting free kick

Anyone remember this ?

bout 96/97 season wernt it?

Bobby ferguson,we loaned him off west ham,he was awfull,truly awfull keeper,i saw him let 4 in at bolton,all before half time as well,hed no positional sense at all,i just shudder at his name.

Bolder was awesome,superb reflexes,the saves he made were just breathtaking at times,how on earth hes mentioned on this thread defies belief,goals conceeded per game,hes got the LOWEST of any owls keeper,hed tip the titanic over his bar.Once saw bolder in an end of season game v swindon at s6,pull out some amazing point blankers from andy mase and co,the guy was like rubber.

Brad Jones wasn't very good, but he was onto a loser as soon as he came to us- we spent all summer chasing Carson, who'd played a massive part in us staying up the season before, failed, and signed Jones instead. When he arrived, Sturrock said something like "Judge him by his own standards, not anyone else's", which was a clear admission that he was nowhere near as good as Carson, but was the best we could do at short notice.