Worst Wednesday goalkeeper you've ever seen.

i dont get the vitirol towards Evans, Gallagher or even Heald

Heald had a fecking masterclass against United at their place when we were in the championship - saved EVERYTHING that night ...

and get off Brad Jones back - didn't do much wrong in fairness!

Edited by Hack-Abusi

Guest tha_knows

Said this earlier but Marlon Beresford, I remember him coming to collect a cross and punched it in his own goal, think it was prehaps Jewells last game in charge?

Bob Bolder was a legend. I can't remember thinking he was anything other that amazing. Maybe it's my rose tinted specks.....

I think it probably is. He was shocking for ages, and it all turned in a home game against Rotherham. Bolder was another, who our very fair and supportive fans used to boo when the team was read out. In a home game against Rotherham he was having his usal stinker, and got booked by the ref for charging out of his area and flattening their striker. That one incident for some reason galvanised the crowd behind Bolder, who just seemed to up his game from that moment, and went on to become probably the best Wednesday keeper I've seen, other than Ron Springett who was simply brilliant.

I think it probably is. He was shocking for ages, and it all turned in a home game against Rotherham. Bolder was another, who our very fair and supportive fans used to boo when the team was read out. In a home game against Rotherham he was having his usal stinker, and got booked by the ref for charging out of his area and flattening their striker. That one incident for some reason galvanised the crowd behind Bolder, who just seemed to up his game from that moment, and went on to become probably the best Wednesday keeper I've seen, other than Ron Springett who was simply brilliant.

Didn't the ball hit a divot in one game against Rotherham that sent him the wrong way to collect an easy ball. Bolder suffered a bit in the early days because Big Jack preferred him to Chris Turner on the basis that when it came to goalies a good big 'un was better than a good little 'un. Should have stayed with us and become a legend instead of going to Liverpool.

I think there was a game against Blackburn when he got the blame for all 3 goals and got roundly booed. We got promoted that season and he was one of the key players.

Bit harsh on Adamson..

Basically, we signed him because he was v. cheap (put it like this - he earned just over the average wage in the country) and we put him up in a hotel. It allowed us to then spend money on other signings.

For me.. Stringer (although he's a nice bloke).

Didn't the ball hit a divot in one game against Rotherham that sent him the wrong way to collect an easy ball. Bolder suffered a bit in the early days because Big Jack preferred him to Chris Turner on the basis that when it came to goalies a good big 'un was better than a good little 'un. Should have stayed with us and become a legend instead of going to Liverpool.

I think there was a game against Blackburn when he got the blame for all 3 goals and got roundly booed. We got promoted that season and he was one of the key players.

It did and I think it was Joe McBride who scored from that incident, to win the game for Rotherham. I'm struggling to remember the name of the Irish international full back we sold to Middlesbrough about thirty years ago, blond lad who was a Cornishman but represented Eire. Our fans were appalling to him, and I can remember one game at Newcastle United when he was warming up to come on as sub, and our brilliant fans were spitting on him as he ran up and down the touch line. Think he may have ended up playing at Celtic.

It did and I think it was Joe McBride who scored from that incident, to win the game for Rotherham. I'm struggling to remember the name of the Irish international full back we sold to Middlesbrough about thirty years ago, blond lad who was a Cornishman but represented Eire. Our fans were appalling to him, and I can remember one game at Newcastle United when he was warming up to come on as sub, and our brilliant fans were spitting on him as he ran up and down the touch line. Think he may have ended up playing at Celtic.

chris morris

I was researching something else and came across G SCOTHORN who kept goal in 2 games

FA Cup 4th Round 18/02/1967 v Mansfield 4-0

League 1 02/03/1968 v Newcastle 1-1

Main goalie 66/67 Ron Springett 67/68 Peter Springett

Also Peter Wicks played 2 & 3 games

I cannot remember anything about him