Dave Jones Pre Huddersfield

Guest Sheff Owl

agree with most on here, we need mattock playing in his proper position at left back and get him bedded in. Lets hope buxton passes a fitness test and plays at left back if Reda doesnt make it. I don't think DJ thinks Lee is good enough which means we are short at right back. A loan right back is a must for me

If Buxton is fit, then he can play right back and mattock at left back, llera and taylor in the centre

If Buxton is fit, then he can play right back and mattock at left back, llera and taylor in the centre

Isn't there a quotation, either in this thread or another, where Jones says Buxton is definitely out along with Lines. This means it's probably a straight choice between Mattock and Lee for the RB slot.

It's Gardner who is close to fitness and might have a late fitness test, so if he is fit, you'd imagine him and Taylor will play in the middle.

I'd actually rather see Llera at LB than Beevers. Similar pace and build (i.e slow and lanky as flip!) but Llera is that bit better on the ball I think. Although Llera has never played there before whereas Beevers obviously has.

Isn't there a quotation, either in this thread or another, where Jones says Buxton is definitely out along with Lines. This means it's probably a straight choice between Mattock and Lee for the RB slot.

It's Gardner who is close to fitness and might have a late fitness test, so if he is fit, you'd imagine him and Taylor will play in the middle.

I'd actually rather see Llera at LB than Beevers. Similar pace and build (i.e slow and lanky as flip!) but Llera is that bit better on the ball I think. Although Llera has never played there before whereas Beevers obviously has.

Surely if Gardner is fit and Reda out we would play Llera at RB with Mattock at LB

Llera or Beevers would have a torrid time against the 'Udders widemen. Both are about as agile as a bus.

They're milliom times better at CB.

We've lost a big attacking threat with Reda and Buxton being out.

Mattock may be good at going forward but he is left sided so will tend to cut in, which makes him predictable and easy to defend against. Beevers however, has no attacking threat from open play what so ever.

For me Lee has to start. I've seen most of his games in a Blue and White shirt and i've seen nothing to suggest he isn't good enough.

He must be awful in training because DJ turned straight to Semi when Buxton got injured, and he was woeful at times!

Llera or Beevers at Full back is a massive no, no for me. Hope Reda's fit!

Edited by NeonLeon

Llera or Beevers would have a torrid time against the 'Udders widemen. Both are about as agile as a bus.

They're milliom times better at CB.

We've lost a big attacking threat with Reda and Buxton being out.

Mattock may be good at going forward but he is left sided so will tend to cut in, which makes him predictable and easy to defend against. Beevers however, has no attacking threat from open play what so ever.

For me Lee has to start. I've seen most of his games in a Blue and White shirt and i've seen nothing to suggest he isn't good enough.

He must be awful in training because DJ turned straight to Semi when Buxton got injured, and he was woeful at times!

Lost me with this bit?