Hillsborough 1976

http://www.yfaonline...ffield-27101954

we were still MASSIVE back then 1954

Great find that and to see the old ground in colour. Both my Mum and Dad were ther that day. My Dad told me there was quite a scandal as all the schoolchildren were given a penknife as a momento but they were very poor quality and broke as soon as they tried to use them in any way.

South Uncovered - first place my dad (RIP) ever took me to a game circa 1971. Always sat towards kop end, just loved it....

Seem to remember it was about £5 for my dad??

wouldnt have been that much blue .....season ticket in south stand 1971 was 11 quid .

This photo was printed on the inside cover of the match programmes during 1976/7. I love the ground now but doesn't it look tidy?

hills1976.jpg

Wow!

That is exactly how i remember Hillsborough from my first game in 1979.

I like the South Stand now but to me the lines of the ground in general and design of the old South compliment each other perfectly.

Guest Ozzieowlpelvicthrust

Is it me or did the ground look bigger pre the changes in the 90s? Maybe it was the sightlines from the Kop terrace and the fact the ground was more open but used to look bigger when I was a kid.

Didn't everything though?

Suppose so :rolleyes:

spent many a happy hour stood on t'lower lep watching willie henderson dribble past a whole team and get to the by-line .. only to not know where he was so he would dribble past the whole team again on his way back to the halfway line! (he was short sighted and contact lens' were unheard of in those days)

spent many a happy hour stood on t'lower lep watching willie henderson dribble past a whole team and get to the by-line .. only to not know where he was so he would dribble past the whole team again on his way back to the halfway line! (he was short sighted and contact lens' were unheard of in those days)

With his socks rolled down and no shinpads.

South Uncovered - first place my dad (RIP) ever took me to a game circa 1971. Always sat towards kop end, just loved it....

Seem to remember it was about £5 for my dad??

a fiver in 71, no chance, ten bob maybe, in fact i dont think it was as much as that, i only got 3d a day tuck shop money for school, a fiver was a weeks wage for my older brother in 71,

Must have looked ridiculous in the 70's with barely anyone there.

looking back Hillsborough has always been beautiful half empty or not one thing that has improved is the pitch of course people under 20 won't believe how bad the pitch could get and still play matches on it

Loved the old south stand...hate what it looks like now...no real design to the add ons and all a hotch potch. I used to go on the South Uncovered with my uncle...some wonderful and some reight miserable occasions.

Loved the night matches down there and even more so, strangely, when it rained...

Maybe we slept close to each other Mr Taxi...not a place to sleep..bloody cold and draughty...

Edited by Freshfish