Michael Owen

Michael Owen was at Hillsborough this week, paper work and contract lined up then suddenly decided with his big ego that he's not going to drop down. Stoke offer pay as you play though? I mean you're dropping down a league but it's good times here and you'll have a good contract playing infront of 20,000+ supporters a week. Not to mention the away support, thoughts?

Considering he was on Sky last weekend saying that he wasn't willing to drop down to the Championship I doubt it

Michael Owen was at Hillsborough this week, paper work and contract lined up then suddenly decided with his big ego that he's not going to drop down. Stoke offer pay as you play though? I mean you're dropping down a league but it's good times here and you'll have a good contract playing infront of 20,000+ supporters a week. Not to mention the away support, thoughts?

a faint aroma of pork?

it might be the best for him but which one will he make more money out of? Actually depends what Stoke would be paying him if he plays

i meant best thing for him from our point of view...

he's well past it...

there's a difference between stoke wanting a dozen and a half apps. outa him with 3 goals, and what we need from a new forward...

No thanks, signing players like this was part of the reason we ended up in the rogering poo , don't want nobody here who is going to think they are bigger than the club, who aint 100% committed or is going to milk this club and give *** all back

Edited by Greeny79

Im sure that us missing out on Owen isnt really that bigger a loss, okay the media attention would be great and the club would be talked about but at the end of the day being under the attention of the media wont get you promoted. If he's turned us down, he's turned us down we can move on and look at someone who could actually play a full season for us and get goals.