Michael Owen

Now I'm not saying the OP is lieing. But I personally don't believe it for a minute. He's constantly said he wouldn't drop down a level, he's even gone as far as saying he would rather retire than drop down. Also he's got his horse racing and is good enough at golf to turn pro if he was ever that short of money. Sorry but I ain't havin it

Wouldn't want him for the money he's on...

When he was young and hungry, good player but not brilliant, his first touch cost him far too many chances, Speed was his key, getting in behind a defence with a ball to run on to but now his pace will be nothing like, forget him.

I think most teams have now moved on or want to move on from the one dimensional old fashioned striker, want more of an all rounder these days..

Let stoke have him.

wtf is all this nonsense about he has no desire to play! I would be ecstatic to the point of weeing myself if he put a Wednesday shirt on! One of the best strikers ever to ware an England shirt...

Cuttsy thats my nickname.

dose your second name happen to be Cutts lol

Clearly Neil's you won't believe this signing. Sad that he has turned us down, but more from his perspective that ours.

yeah neil did say friday at 6 we were gonna announce this "oh my god signing", i actually believe this story. Its owens loss if he turned us down not ours. weve got rodri and COGBA!

what people say and what people do are always 2 seperate things though

I've got zero evidence to make me think otherwise though? He's been linked with prem clubs, and has always said he won't drop any lower than the premiership. His wages would be huge. I don't think he'd give us anything we don't already have to be honest

Edited by townend_owl

Why are we even talking about Owen? He hasn't signed, he never will, and he was never going to.

Was he even at Hillsborough? That's even more doubtful. Scouts should be posted at the training ground, shop car park, ground, KFC and Meadowhall just for such instances.

I actually dont think many prem clubs have tried to get him as he's been a free agent for ages and surely he'd have been snapped up by now. Maybe he's been to greedy and playing clubs off against each other. We'll have to wait and see wont we

Guest 1867jaeash

I think owen would be a reight signing love it to happen with his experence could be good for younger players as well

I think owen would be a reight signing love it to happen with his experence could be good for younger players as well

i also think he would be a good signing. If he thinks he's bigger than the MASSIVE tho theres no place for him here and im one of his biggest fans!

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Don't believe this for one minute- more chance of signing Sid Owen.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Insert players name here, was at Hillsborough this week, paper work and contract lined up then suddenly decided with his big ego that he's not going to drop down. Stoke offer pay as you play though? I mean you're dropping down a league but it's good times here and you'll have a good contract playing infront of 20,000+ supporters a week. Not to mention the away support, thoughts?