matches you would rather forget about.

Evening match at home to Everton in the 80s. 4-0 down at half time and the stewards wouldn't let us out of the ground.

Some away fixture at Watford in the late 70s, again 4-0 down by half time

i remember that game at watford, i think it was the 81/82 season when we just missed out on promotion, barnes and blissett ripped us apart. we never looked like scoring and i remember travelling down to the match with a watford fan.

i remember that game at watford, i think it was the 81/82 season when we just missed out on promotion, barnes and blissett ripped us apart. we never looked like scoring and i remember travelling down to the match with a watford fan.

We smashed up the asbestos on the back of their stand, and parts of the roof, and had coins chucked at us througout the game.

We also smashed up their little lottery ticket hut.

I remember a later game in the 2003/04 season, a 1-0 home defeat to Bournemouth that I think was Turner's last game in charge. I proclaimed that was the last game for me. but the change of manager changed my mind

Too many Tuesday night matches that I care to remember in the last decade to be honest.

Guest wednesdayloyal

f.a cup final replay 93

hartlepool away 2005 lost 3-0 on a absolute horrid friday night, wee wee wet through and 1 down before even gettin through the turnstile

newcastle 8-0

blackburn 7-2

arsenal 7-1

norwich at home 0-5

to name but a few, but i've always said for every bit of heartbreak and disappointment i've ever had watching wednesday they are the only thing i can never stop loving and i go back for more, why??? cos every bit of joy and happiness i've had watching wednesday will always outweigh the bad times..

Guest tha_knows

I agree Oli it seems to be a tradition, hopefully a tradition that's gunna stop now, I think for the first time in ages we have a good manager, a good squad (obviously 1 or 2 adjustments) and a chairman who has ambition, I'm not saying where gunna walk the league but its been a while since I could say no matter the opposition, I feel confident we will put up a gud fight and even get a result,here's to the future fellow Owls!

The 3-1 defeat at home to a Brentford side full of reserves because they was playing at Wembley a few days later.

From years ago when losing 3-1 at home to Rotherham on bonfire night and having to go to school next day and face gloating kids who never even went to game.

Exeter 5 - 1 Wednesday

Leyton Orient 4 - 0 Wednesday

Within the space of a month we got demolished on the road to these two. The Exeter one was the worst for me, I went as a spur of the moment thing on my own, set off at 7am on the coach, arrived at 2:45 and went straight into the ground, it was FREEZING. Got hammered obviously, then stuck in the snow on the way home. Brilliant day!

Rotherham at home in the League Cup. (Think it was 08/09)

Esajas scored, we were stil celebrating, then they scored 5 seconds away.

Esajas scores a 117th minute free kick thinking we'd won it, conceded in the final minute.

Lost 5-4 on penalties. Guess who missed? Esajas.

Another awful night added to the ones already mentioned above.

Edited by Liamswfc92

Guest Ozzieowlpelvicthrust

The 7-2 defeat to Forest was a nightmare. Just showed how far we had fallen behind as the great team from 1990-93 was dismantled.

the 0-5 HT against Everton in the FA cup was agony. Having to endure the 2nd half on the kop was probably one of the most miserable.

We've seen some utter crap over the years but the one that sticks in the mind for me was losing at home to Man City when they tried to give us the game and we still blew it, sending us down to the second tier, Div 2 as it was then.

Seemed to get used to it or at least become more resigned to the dross after that!

That Darlington game was horrendous! Always disliked going away to North East because we hardly ever got a result. First ever away game was Boro' away in 73/74. Lost 8-0 and got beat up after the match!

OMG I was there too, just passed my driving test and took my new gf ( now my wife ) proud as punch I was, new car, come and see my team, what a kin shambles, left at 6-0, never been so embarrassed in me life.