matches you would rather forget about.

Guest dave jones n.1

Oh I remember that. 1992 I thought. Pig double. Lost the league by 7 or 8 points.

Pig fans had all of Leppings Lane and I thought that we gave them too good facilities (All away fans actually)

Remembering the grotty corners we have been herded into

Maybe 92 yeah phil king deflected free kick

Guest tha_knows

Losing 2-1 at home to Toytown, Ritchie Barker scored last minute to win it for them, then the following season Garner does the exact same scoring in the final minute and we lose 2-1!!! Glad them days and times are behind us!!!

( 1st post btw ) UTO

Guest Ferkorf

Think it was 01/02 season...

Palace away...

Went down on coach 1 intercity owl...

The driver got lost in london..

We listened to first half on the radio and we were already 3 or 4 nil down...

Them we had to walk/run to the ground and it was pourin down with rain. We got to theturnstiles and my mate had left his ticket on the coach. The ticket clerk let him in anyway. Think Tommy Johnson scored and we lost 4-1...

Worst game ever

Think it was 01/02 season...

Palace away...

Went down on coach 1 intercity owl...

The driver got lost in london..

We listened to first half on the radio and we were already 3 or 4 nil down...

Them we had to walk/run to the ground and it was pourin down with rain. We got to theturnstiles and my mate had left his ticket on the coach. The ticket clerk let him in anyway. Think Tommy Johnson scored and we lost 4-1...

Worst game ever

In the first half of that game I was sat next to a bloke who had half his pre-match hotdog smeared across his cheek. Then he kept going on about how Palace were crap and if they got promoted they'd be battered by everyone else in the Premiership. Then he kept standing up and shouting: "Liverpool five, Palace nil, Liverpool five, Palace nil". Made a terrible match even worse. Luckily he didn't return to his seat after half time and I was able to sit in relative peace.

looking at some of those scores again reminded me that we used to get turned over by a big score a few times in the early 90s which i found bizzare at the time.

the thrashings in the 00s were never a suprise exept maybe the one that QPR gave us when Crouch was a nipper and made Hinchcliffe look realy stupid.

god that game was awfull, think thats when it finaly sunk in that we were going to be out of the prem for a long time

Guest eggsarnie

i remember a 3-1 a home drubbing v cardiff about 2005 ish. they were a decent team then but still nowt special, alll i can remember was there their players playing keep the ball away from our players, they outclassed us just heading it to each other, i came out of the ground utterly dejected that night, we were UTTERLY GARBAGE.

Edited by eggsarnie

Wednesday 1-4 Wrexham I forgot the year but we drew them in the cup and they were bottom of the football league and they destroyed us.

Wednesday 0-0'rushden and diamonds need I say more

And the 2-2 with Yeovil. They were down to 9 men and Irvine was that desperate to keep his job we sent weaver up for a corner in the last minute

Dark dark days

8 at Newcastle..

8 at 'Boro

8 at QPR

and that fookin' miserable journey home after Wembley 93....the semis against Brighton and Everton

just looking at a records book the other day i noticed doncasters record defeat was 6-0, they have only conceeded 6 6 times in their history. i can recall wednesday conceeding 6 on more times than that in the last 25 years

Edited by matt68owls

Coventry away a couple of seasons back. It was freezing cold, sometime between Christmas and New Year. Went on my own to get out of the house (was on break from uni), got sat next to a complete muppet on the ICO. poo pooe game and I forgot my gloves.

Yeovil at home where we let them play with 9 men.

Huddersfield at home where Potter couldn't take a corner. weeing it with rain and Huddersfield bent us over and gave us a good seeing to.

Cambridge at home in the league cup. Trevor Benjamin scored past Pressman in the first minute. Dire match.

April 1970 losing the last match at home to Man City which saw us relegated and into a downward spiral for many years. Last season against Stevenage - a rare occasion when I left early.

Young bloody Ian Bowyer who was the only man on the pitch who was interested in breaking into a sweat!

There was a ten second period of optimism when Tony Coleman hit a screamer for us but for the most part, they were already mentally relegated.

April 1970 losing the last match at home to Man City which saw us relegated and into a downward spiral for many years. Last season against Stevenage - a rare occasion when I left early.

Man City at home and relegation was a dreadful night!

But the worst has to be 66 Cup Final. We'd won that game until we lost it. Sobbed my eyes out all the way back to the car!

Obviously thoughened me up though for after that I have been able to cope with everything that being a Wednesdayite has had to throw at me

Makes the good times even sweeter

WTID :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: