matches you would rather forget about.

Think that Yeovil 2-2 game is the one that sticks out with me too.

The memory of Irvine having 4 strikers on the pitch for the last twenty minutes, and Spurr and Potter just crossing the ball from left to right, the ball sailing over our strikers' heads, and then back again, will live with me forever.

Granted we have been on the receiving end of worse drubbings, but our sheer ineptitude of management and players that day nearly sent me over the edge. We were essentially playing a 9-man pub team, and I don't think we would have won if we were still playing that game now with that team and manager.

Here are three from a dreadful season. We really should have gone down that year.

Sheff Wed 2-6 Man City - Sep 2001

At 2-2 we looked ok then fell apart.

Sheff Wed 0-5 Norwich - Dec 2001

A lot of people started walking out after 35 minutes as we went 4-0 down. Just a 35 yard belter 2nd half, half the remaining crowd applauded it if I remember correctly.

Stockport 3-1 Sheff Wed - Apr 2002.

1-0 up at an already relegated Stockport then we fell apart. Worst part was we didn't get home till 10:30pm! As an accident blocked the Woodhead and our coach was sat there a while had to turn round and go back via the Snake.

Forgot how awful they were at Stockport, I went in fancy dress as Pink Panther and surprised a few car drivers over Woodhead when all the coaches were stopped due to the accident!!

Consecutive 6-0 and 5-0 hammerings at Reading in Sep 08 and Mar 10

Newcastle 8-0 (obviously)

Blackburn 7-2 in 1997 (Carbone 2 and then got himself sent off)

That awful 2-0 League Cup debacle at Port Vale when Jeffers got red carded

6-1 at home to L**ds

7-1 at home to Forest (worst ever home defeat)

0-5 at home to Wimbledon and Norwich in 2001-02

so many to choose from.......

Edited by jasowl

Losing 0-3 on opening game of 2004/05. Can't remember the opponents. Propper bubble bursting moment.

Though that season did end quite well.

It was Colchester. They'd really stuffed us at the end of the previous season, and we said before the game in question, we could see how far we'd progressed during the summer, by comparing the two performance against the same team. That was some progression.

Guest Colinwankerdoessheep

When Scod canyonhorpe did us. We were in 1st and they were in fourth.

Everton 0-5 at Hillsboro. Were two nil up before I got in.

Liverpool at Hillsboro. 1-0 to them. St John scored. About 67.

Sheff utd v man utd. Mel sterlands worst performance. Handing a ball to Sean bean and sayin " you take it". Had the immortal line (and I am takin the wee wee here) " you've got the chance to play for Sheffield united". Got thrown out of crystal peaks cinema for laughing at that.

Sheff weds v ever ton 66 final. My uncle played in that. Gordon west.. I was gutted.

Weds v Swansea. Before the roof . Blowin a blizzard. Came out at half time 0-0. flip it. Weds

Middlesbrough 8-0.

Weds v man u when weds stopped their run.Lee chapman scored. The ball came over about a foot off the ground and I was screaming "head it".

Last game was one to remember. Sorry