matches you would rather forget about.

Owls 1 - 3 pigs bobby Davison double, 1991, I was 14 and this result crushed me

Oh I remember that. 1992 I thought. Pig double. Lost the league by 7 or 8 points.

Pig fans had all of Leppings Lane and I thought that we gave them too good facilities (All away fans actually)

Remembering the grotty corners we have been herded into

Guest DaveJonesBarmyArmy

Yeovil 2-2 swfc 10/11 season

Liecester 3-0 swfc when i knew relegation was coming and laws got sacked

Exeter 5-1 swfc 10/11 season

You are right :wacko: Was a long time ago... Try to remember the positives, sometimes create my own gary megson We DID beat Leicester 4-0 at Hillsborough though and even 3-3 at Arsenal back then showed great resolve. We were relegated though and have never really recovered, although we are certainly stirring again now lol

The Derby game was back in the February, so there was still a long way to go before we were relegated. The 3-3 with Arsenal was the game that finally sent us down as we needed to win there to have any chance of staying up, and we'd been 3-1 up with quarter of an hour to go.

we all have some good memories of following wednesday over the years but which games would you rather forget but can't.

there is a couple that stick in my mind, a league cup replay at darlington in the 1970s. it was a bloody freezing cold night with trouble going off all over the place, it was like a battleground. wednesday lost 1-0 in the last minute with a screamer from ex wednesday player ronnie ferguson. we also broke down on A1 coming back from the match and had to stand outside in the snow for felt like hours until we managed to get a lift home in the early hours of the morning.

my first fa cup semi final v brighton 1983 at highbury, even though wednesday were second division at the time i really believed we were going to turn over 1st division brighton and play either man utd or arsenal at wembley, even after case scored from a free kick in the 1st half I still believed and when mirocevic equalised I genuinely though we would go on to win and probably should have when andy mcculloch had his header cleared off the line by an overhead kick by steve foster. I have never felt so heartbroken walking out of a match since.

any others people remember?

That Darlington game was horrendous! Always disliked going away to North East because we hardly ever got a result. First ever away game was Boro' away in 73/74. Lost 8-0 and got beat up after the match!

I've been to a few classics. At one stage I went eight years without seeing us win, between beating Millwall in the Coca-Cola Cup in 1995 and winning 3-0 at Brentford in 2003 (admittedly I was only getting to a couple of games per season at the time).

The worst matches for me were:

7-1 at Arsenal

5-1 at West Ham

4-1 at Palace

3-0 at QPR

6-0 at Reading

5-1 at Exeter

4-0 at Leyton Orient

5-1 at Stevenage

my first fa cup semi final v brighton 1983 at highbury, even though wednesday were second division at the time i really believed we were going to turn over 1st division brighton and play either man utd or arsenal at wembley, even after case scored from a free kick in the 1st half I still believed and when mirocevic equalised I genuinely though we would go on to win and probably should have when andy mcculloch had his header cleared off the line by an overhead kick by steve foster. I have never felt so heartbroken walking out of a match since.

I was 11 that day and cried my eyes out on the North Bank.

However, I'd never want to forget it. It was a wonderful experience just blighted by the result, and cheating Steve Foster.

Games for me

Leicester away - we lost 3-0 and Srnicek was in the net. Awful

Forest at home when they sent us down

Brentford the other year when they beat us at home. Horrific

Colchester, opening day of the 2003/04 season

Most games from the 2003/04 season and the first few months of 2011, which thankfully I have done. Also:

Stevenage away last season

Newcastle away 1999/2000

Wimbledon at home 2000/2001

80 mins of the derby at Hillsborough in Feb 2006 (the pigs would have scored 6 that day had they had anyone half-decent up front)

First half of the derby at Bramall Lane in September 2009. 3-0 down at half-time - probably the most depressed I've ever been at a football match. The second half almost made up for it though.

Guest SunTzu

The Derby game was back in the February, so there was still a long way to go before we were relegated. The 3-3 with Arsenal was the game that finally sent us down as we needed to win there to have any chance of staying up, and we'd been 3-1 up with quarter of an hour to go.

As I say, I think I've resorted to creating my own little fantasy world of what Wednesday used to be! lol My memory certainly is a bit fragmented, suppose that's what 10-15 years of pain does to you :tango: . Still, I was sure that derby game had an impact on us? Maybe just twisted it over the years as an excuse to have a dig at my Derby mates...

Another game was when we lost to Villa 2-1 at villa park, late nineties again. Don't think it was a great loss, but it was the first time I saw Wednesday lose so a personal one for me. Although now I'll be informed this never happened either and return to my Wednesday fantasy-land haha

1998ish to 2011

Big game was Tuners first at home I think - we were gonna beat everyone that season and rise to get back where we belong - lost heavily at home to colchester/gillingham/someone

Realisation that we were not going to beat Man Utd ever again

Wednesday 0 v 1 Rotherham

December 1982, very top of the kop before we had a roof, bloody freezing.

Was a boring game then Toytown had a weak shot at kop end which Bob Bolder should've collected comfortably.

But the ball hit a divot & bounced over his arms into the net.

Don't know why I remember this one in particular but it was flippingmiserable.

Guest Owls1682

Defo reading away 6-1! Proper rubbish in a rubbish stadium with a rubbish atmosphere. On the up side I met Vernon from corrie! Quality