MM & PA this needs recognition

Wednesday fans in submissive, sickly shocker.

Man up and expect more from your club.

The plaudits for Mandaric have been sung for nearly two years now.

Time for him to stump up his part of the bargain.

Man up? Expect more? After the last regime ran this club to a few days from destruction to where we are now and hopefully better to come this is bloody fantastic.

Under no illusions this is a business decision for him and clearly a sign of intent to turn this investment into a payoff but I'm still able to acknowledge that finally we have got a boardroom to match the fans

I think we are spending what is required.

We ain't being silly and splashing silly money, however; we are going about our business in a sensible, prudent manner but still recruiting well and improving our squad with every addition.

Clubs like Reading have shown what can be done with sensible and wise investment in the playing staff and building up a proper club infrastructure.

Trying to think how much have we actually spent on fees this summer. Obviously the best part of a mil on Antonio which is money well spent, but pretty much all the others have been free's I think haven't they. Sure we must have increased our wage budget to accomodate these new guys but it seems great business to get the likes of Gardner, Mattock, Kirkland, McCabe all on frees.

Maguire was probably at least £400k with addons. Barkley and Rodri won't come free either, despite being loans.

Guest Deleted member

The worst thing about it all was the fans not able/willing to see what was happening to their own club

THAT was the worst thing

Personally - I thought the worse thing was the amount of poo poo doled out by the fans who couldn't see what was happening - to those fans who could

I'm more than happy with our business so far this summer and it's only going to get better. Also lets not forget it has to be done within a sensible budget, with the new financial rules we've no choice but to stay on course. Well done to MM, PA and DJ for finally showing us that we don't have to break the bank to put a good squad together and well done to us fans for doing our bit

Personally - I thought the worse thing was the amount of poo poo doled out by the fans who couldn't see what was happening - to those fans who could

I guess people see things at different times, or don't want to believe the worst.

At least everyone got there in the end and we are all on the same page now - it needed a decent regime to come in and show how the club should have been run all those dark years.

Hope that our future generations of fans never have to go through that ever again.

Exciting times!

I guess people see things at different times, or don't want to believe the worst.

At least everyone got there in the end and we are all on the same page now - it needed a decent regime to come in and show how the club should have been run all those dark years.

Hope that our future generations of fans never have to go through that ever again.

Exciting times!

Exciting times indeed - it's a shame some on here can't suspend their owlstalk reps and allow themselves to enjoy it if only for a few weeks

I know Milan is probably doing the right thing - and you have to speculate to accumulate - but there's this nagging thought in the back of my mind that still tells me it's all going to go boobies up

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of faith in MM and can't thank him enough for what he is doing.

BUT. I am interested to know how this is getting financed, what it is secured against etc. Even with the trust we have, a club without a supporters group asking legitimate questions about how the finances are working out as a check and balance isn't doing itself any favours. As long as you do it respectfully and don't forget to enjoy the ride that is being a wednesdayite in 2012 in the process..

Edited by Taff_Owl

Trying to think how much have we actually spent on fees this summer. Obviously the best part of a mil on Antonio which is money well spent, but pretty much all the others have been free's I think haven't they. Sure we must have increased our wage budget to accomodate these new guys but it seems great business to get the likes of Gardner, Mattock, Kirkland, McCabe all on frees.

The majority have been bosmans yeah, but then there's the agents fees and you sometimes still pay a loan fee. Sadly no deal is truly free.

The major expense will be wages but as DJ says, our budget is middle of the road compared to some.

Milan considers this "investment" rather than a loan. Plus this is the initial outlay to get us up to speed. 12 signings a summer won't be the norm despite the last few years.

In the past we got into debt and nearly went bust without ever really trying to compete. I thought this was more to do with poor business sense than us actually splashing cash, but what we did spend we wasted and didn't recoup.

I think its wrong to say fans shouldn't be mindful of the money or ask questions (even if modern football is unsustainable by its very nature). But I think MM actually has a plan, other than the last board who just muddled along.

I know Milan is probably doing the right thing - and you have to speculate to accumulate - but there's this nagging thought in the back of my mind that still tells me it's all going to go boobies up

You do know that clubs with decent support, on a decent financial footing actually do get a transfer and wage budget to spend, without ruining the club don't you? We earn more money in the champ -- ergo we have a bit of money to accumulate without it putting us in a lot of trouble.

Edited by townend_owl

I watched that dave Allen 'Gregg's the man' press conference again yesterday.

Can you believe we had to put up with that?

Signing players we've all spaffed about for years and players we dreamt we could have on FM only this shizz is real.

And joss Barkley to come..... I feel like im following a different club at the moment. But I like it.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Wednesday fans in submissive, sickly shocker.

Man up and expect more from your club.

The plaudits for Mandaric have been sung for nearly two years now.

Time for him to stump up his part of the bargain.

How long will it take for folk to understand Mandarics part of 'the bargain' [if there was any] was preventing this club ending up like Portsmouth or Rangers.

Anything else is his investment and should be viewed as a bonus.

If you take that view as I do, I find it very hard to get my head around any complaints or dissatisfaction with ANY aspect of this football club since Milan took over.

Man up? Expect more? After the last regime ran this club to a few days from destruction to where we are now and hopefully better to come this is bloody fantastic.

Under no illusions this is a business decision for him and clearly a sign of intent to turn this investment into a payoff but I'm still able to acknowledge that finally we have got a boardroom to match the fans

Nobody is as bigger fan of Mandaric than me, especially considering a large number of fans turned on him earlier in the year.

From where I am looking from, the fans need to up their ambition to match the club and not vice versa.

It was boobies up big time before MM bailed us out. Whatever the agreement is when he decides to move on, you can rest assured that we will not be facing receivership, and will not owe the bank £20 million. So lighten up and enjoy the moment. It's been a long time coming.