Belated Congratulations

Guest rickySE1

Chris Solly is the big one that has been doing the rounds with West Ham reported to be very interested. BWP is another one that has been talked about but to be honest the money we would get for him would not be much and his goals will be needed by us. You guys will not like it but Morrison was also being looked at (again all these are rumours).

Solly is the only one that I actually rate down at Charlton, if they lose him they are gonna find this season really tough and will probably be in the mix with Millwall and Peterboro' imo.

Guest lamort

... lots of people saying we will have to sell all the best players...

How will you manage without Big Leon Clarke!

lol

Good luck next season pal - think if we both finish mid-table then we'll be happy.

I am sure you are all aware that we seem to have blown the lot last year and now have to try and make do with what we have. Not a big problem but it does limit our own expectations. I personally think we can just about hold our own and would be over the moon with mid-table but more likely somewhere towards the bottom end (but safe) is more likely.

Caught the second half of your game last night and (as a last preseason prep game if you look at it that way) thought your new guy Antonio looks the part should help lift you onto the next level.

Good timing mate.....the first hal;f was dire

Guest rickySE1

isnt Charlton SE7?

Yep I work in SE1 so went with that. Less chance of upsetting you all on your own boards. :-)

I don't know Dave thank god. Have seen some of the posts from him and others. Little boys being keyboard warriors who don't have the same respect for the game as us grown ups. ;-)

Hi guys and girls

Just wanted to pass on my congratulations for last season (I tend to keep off the boards in the silly season) what a great last few games run in we all had in League 1.

So what are your hopes for the coming season?

i'm hoping we can be the top side in the division out of the 3 promoted sides...

we look unsteady at the back, and for me need more punch up front, and one more in m/f...

if we had that i think we could challenge for a top half finish...

you lot? i just can't tell...

the type of game you played at s6 last season was hit, and run...

you did what you had to and rode it out...

it goes without saying, you'll not have as many leads to defend in this division...

and when you HAVE to come out, there are teams in this division that will punish you...

'uddersfield??? i just haven't got a clue...

if rhodes goes, they could end up below the dingles (and that will take some doing)...

Yep I work in SE1 so went with that. Less chance of upsetting you all on your own boards. :-)

I don't know Dave thank god. Have seen some of the posts from him and others. Little boys being keyboard warriors who don't have the same respect for the game as us grown ups. ;-)

With an attitude like that you'll always be welcome on here mate.

The Owlstalk board has some good asylum seekers from other clubs... WBA, Bury, MK Dons, Huddersfield, and now yourself.

Guest Leeswfc3

Anybody with that attitude needs to have a really good think, because mid table would be a fine achievement, anything higher would be a pleasant and well earned surprise.

This season is about getting to a "safe" points tally as early as possible, and then kicking on from there, survival has to come first.

Optimism is great, but a bit of realism is just as important, hence we all need to be patient and accept that last season we were spoiled by the team, we've hardly lost in 2012 so far but this season we will lose a lot more games, there are very good sides in this division and its important not to get carried away and expect too much too soon.

Good luck Charlton fan by the way, not really expecting anything too spectacular from your lot this season but in terms of survival and settling comfortably into the division, dont think you'll have much to worry about.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having high expectations and wanting us to gain promotion. Its clear some people think we will do better than others, personally i think mid table or just above.

Guest rickySE1

With an attitude like that you'll always be welcome on here mate.

The Owlstalk board has some good asylum seekers from other clubs... WBA, Bury, MK Dons, Huddersfield, and now yourself.

It's one of the best forums I have the pleasure of being welcome on and you clearly have some great fans

It would be great to be able to match you guys on the field but deep down we know that is not going to happen.

Guest rickySE1

Wow 2 games in and 2nd and 3rd in the table. (or 22 and 23 best teams in the country :) )

Any changes now on your thoughts for the season?

I am over the moon with our 4 points from two teams that have to be favorites to be in the mix in 44 games time.

I really do think now that we will both be very able to hold our own plus a bit more. Still think you are the stronger team and will finish above us this time (1st and second anyone?)

I'm still saying mid table for us. Anything other than relegation I will be happy with.

however, looking at our start to the season, the players we have signed and also players we are linked with, it look like it could be an exciting season.