Giles Coke

i'm sorry mate but he aint a good enough player to have an attitude .if we are going to be dependent on cokes attitude on any given day then we are in big trouble................whats" he kept the shape" mean?

There is nothing wrong with Coke's attitude.

All that was wrong is the old boss didn't like him.

Anyone would get pissed off if they were treated with such injustice as Megson served him..

I'm not a big fan of Lines, but at half time it was clear that we'd missed him. We needed someone to show for the ball, take a touch, and play it simple, just to keep the ball for a while. Time and time again passes into midfield from our back 4, were going straight to Oldham players. Then Coke came on and did that job. Nothing spectacular, but showed great composure at times, kept it simple, and kept it away from them when they were closing us down (which they did a lot of to be fair). If he'd played from the start, we wouldn't have looked half as bad in that first half.

Once we got a grip of midfield, it allowed us to get balls into O'Grady's feet, who held it up brilliantly just about everytime he got it, and he brought Antonio and Pecnik into the game more and more. We finally looked a threat in the last half hour.

There is nothing wrong with Coke's attitude.

All that was wrong is the old boss didn't like him.

Anyone would get pissed off if they were treated with such injustice as Megson served him..

i never said there was all i was doing was replying to council owl who questioned cokes attitude

can we see your alan irvine type coaching badges please?.....................

now why would i need a coaching badge to say coke doesnt have an attitude? ........

Thing is with Coke, he's potentially the best midfield player to partner Semedo at the club. He was hugely instrumental in turning that game around for us last night. More than anything, I'd like him to succeed at this football club, but,,,,, you never know what his next performance will be like

thing is when coke came on i was willing him to have a blinder...

10 mins or so on, and i hadn't heard his name...

he did come into the game later,but...

whilst what he did was a huge improvement on the first half's showing...

it was against a third division side, ok you can only beat what's in front of you...

the fact that he came on, and was part of the turn around from a side that was getting mullered, to one that won with plenty to spare, means he will get opportunity's further down the road...

Coke didn't do anything we haven't seen before.

We know he's got talent and ability in abundance.

We didn't even see him have a shot last night and that's one of his best weapons.

The question mark is whether he can perform like that consistently, and also at a higher level than he has previously played at.

He should have put himself in the frame with that performance.

Coke was decent enough yesterday, I'm not a fan of his but he did alright.

He can be wasteful when in good positions though and everything just looks a bit half arsed and lacks conviction for me, seems to just go through the motions without actually offering much.

Steady 6/10 last night though, didnt really do anything wrong.

We clearly missed Lines in the first half. and if Pecnik has hopes of becoming regular CM he needs to improve substantially.

Coke played well without doing anything outstanding. He did the CM role with little fuss, that why some people hardly noticed him.

Whether the second half turnaround was down to him is questionable: the change in performance up front was just as dramatic. COG was immense and Pecnik showed class and inventiveness we haven't seen for years. But without us getting a grip on CM COG would not have been able to get involved in the game.

Credit must go to DJ for spotting the problems and making the critical changes early enough to be effective.

Just want to say something quick...i was at the game last night and all the Wednesday fans who have had a pop at Coke because you didnt hear his named mentioned on the radio or the commentry want to have a little respect!! Admitadly Coke wasn't amazing but for a lad who hasnt played much in pre season and looked like been left out of the squad...he ran his socks off. There were a few stray passes but alot of the 'so called' first team put a lot more passess astray. There was a couple of tackles...and ball winning tackles that he put his body on the line. He has a lot to prove still but Giles Coke is a good player and given the chance he could play a part in the squad this season. Just because he isnt the big name signing people get dispondant with it all...the lad played well last night i i feel that between him, Picknick, Antonio and COG they made the difference!! I say support the lad and give him a chance he inst a bad player at all, he just needs some game time again!!

Come on Giles prove em all worng

UTO!!!!!!!!!!

Guest theowls 93

The fact not many noticed what he did shows he went about it very quietly yet effectively. He didn't put in an all action packed midfield performance, but unlike when Pecnik was in the middle with Semedo he offered stability, defensive cover and allowed the 4 attacking players to roam without worrying about defending

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Well then...

Coke did OK, but I would avoid getting hyped up about any performance against a probable mid-table League One side.

We should have won, we made hard work of it because of our initial attitude, but finished the job in the end.

However, to start creaming yourself over one player and one performance, with the emphasis of 'I told you so!'- is not only desperate but also premature.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Ha.

We wouldn't have been that bad in the first half had Lines been playing.

We wouldn't have been that bad in the first half if Coke had played from the start is my point, their 2 centre mids were give far 2 much time on the ball, Picnic looked lost at centre mid and Seme knew it and was trying to do the job of 2!!

Coke did OK, but I would avoid getting hyped up about any performance against a probable mid-table League One side.

We should have won, we made hard work of it because of our initial attitude, but finished the job in the end.

However, to start creaming yourself over one player and one performance, with the emphasis of 'I told you so!'- is not only desperate but also premature.

Seems a bit like you've singled me out there, why not go and tell everyone else in all the other threads to stop being positive cause it was only a league one club?